• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

First Tekno build. Thoughts and pointers appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rumpelhardt

Reaction score
Ok here goes. Got a SCT410 used ebay special roller on the way. Plan is to build a desert buggy using a Losi Tenacity DB cage and body. I have two possibilities for power. Castle Monster X/Holmes Hobbies 3500 kv Puller Pro XL (10mm longer than a standard 540 size motor)_which is what I was originally set on. I am having second thoughts on this because of space. Second is a Mamba X/ Holmes 3500 kv Puller Pro standard size 540 can, ether of which will be run on 3s.

Some questions I have are, Will the Monster X/ Puller Pro XL fit and how hard will the Losi Tenacity DB cage and body be to adapt to the chassis? I am also planning on upgrading to 17mm hex's. I hate having to tighten wheel nuts every 5 seconds. That looks to be pretty straight forward.
This is of course strictly a basher.

Thanks for your time.

10mm longer than a standard 540 is not that long, I'd go with the longer motor for sure. It will give you more torque and cooler operating temps.
The Monster X fits no problem and that motor isn't that long so you'll be fine.
Not sure how hard it will be to get the cage on the chassis, but there's people that have done it. Will require some custom work for sure but I can't imagine it would be that difficult.
The SCT410 comes with M5 serrated nuts, you shouldn't need to retighten them pretty much ever. 12mm hex wheels are also a lot more common for a desert buggy/rock racer/U4 type look. 17mm is still a viable option though because you'll be less likely to ever strip out a wheel hex.

Came today. I'll try to get some pictures up. Not too bad as far as used RCs go. Time to strip it, clean everything up, refill shocks and diffs and check everything out. Any recommendations on shock and differential oil weights?

Came today. I'll try to get some pictures up. Not too bad as far as used RCs go. Time to strip it, clean everything up, refill shocks and diffs and check everything out. Any recommendations on shock and differential oil weights?
I like to start out stock. run it and see how she feels and go from there small changes at a time

Made some headway. I had a bunch more in progress pictures but the sd card I had them on took a dump.
I'm starting on the hard stuff now. So far everything has fit with no modifications. There were holes in the shock tower that were close enough to mount the rear of the cage and wing support. Now comes the fabrication and modification part.

Attachments

• _DSC0001.JPG
    _DSC0001.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 167
  • _DSC0002.JPG
    _DSC0002.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back