• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

First custom paint!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L3 RC

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
tekno-2.JPG

tekno-3.JPG

tekno-4.JPG

Ugh. Hard to post from phone.

Did cutting after you painted cause any problems? I usually trim bodies before painting, only reason is that I'm afraid I will damage the paint.

It actually didn’t hurt anything! I did the scoring with a razor instead of lexan scissors. Took a bit of patience into practiced on an old beat up stampede body I had laying around to get the hang of it.

The only challenge was getting the post holes in the right spot. To solve that, I put a dab of grease on the posts and used a step bit where the marks were. Lined up perfectly

Good to know. I've always had problems with lining up holes for body posts perfectly, even if I made them when the body was still clear.
Great work!

Wow......first time? Jeez dude well done lol. Mine is posted in the eb410 section.....nothing like yours

Latest body finished tonight! Got to finish the stickers tomorrow!
Photo - 1 (5).jpg

This one is one of my favorites. The rounded VW bug design also helps when flipping the truck upright from the dead turtle position!
Photo - 1 (6).jpg

@L3 RC Looking good L3!! Great first body!

@Charlie Hall That VW body looks sweet. Is that the ProLine bug body?

It actually didn’t hurt anything! I did the scoring with a razor instead of lexan scissors. Took a bit of patience into practiced on an old beat up stampede body I had laying around to get the hang of it.

The only challenge was getting the post holes in the right spot. To solve that, I put a dab of grease on the posts and used a step bit where the marks were. Lined up perfectly
Good to know. I've always had problems with lining up holes for body posts perfectly, even if I made them when the body was still clear.
Great work!

I used one of these sets, when I did mine. Don't remember it costing so much, but it's worth it. I bought a pre-painted grave digger body for my Kraton. It was on clearance thru Parma and was perfect for what I was looking for. My only issue was that I could not figure out how to mark the body for the holes. I got the Traxxas X-Maxx body posts, with the screw down retainers. The kit I have linked, has magnets that slip over the body posts. Then once you line up the body where you want it, you set the other magnets on the hood and roof. They line up perfectly with the other magnets and you can mark it thru a little hole in the top magnet. Worked like a charm. And if you have not used the screw down retainers, they are awesome. I love them. Came out pretty nice considering all I did was trim it, and spray the bed liner on the roof and hood. Not really a huge fan of the tires, until you wrap the braided fishing line around them, they turn to pizza cutters at half throttle on 6s.

https://www.prolineracing.com/protoform/crosshair-magnetic-body-mounting-kit/

full

You got a really smooth, clean paint job on that! Stickers would make it look a bit more realistic though tbh.

Really nice work! I just did a beetle body for my sct as well. Just used the colors I had laying around with the spaztix holographic paint for the main body.
B1579327-E044-4188-887F-28238278BD84.jpeg

Recent Popular Liked

Back