• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

DB48 Evolution Continues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve B in Vegas

Reaction score
Still working with the DB-48 project. We have a new desert track and running the Lasernut as our main focus, but sneaking in the Tekno from time to time.

s.
Desert Tekno.jpg

Last edited:
They do quite well, but they are hard. These are glued to the Traxxas UDR wheels. They are fast, tough, but not so good handling small bumps. They transmit everything directly into the suspension.

s

Back on the track after another round of mods.

Removed rear sway bar
Shock piston holes opened up to 2.5mm x 6 and running 25 weight TLR shock oil
Vanquish 850 SLW hubs
SMC Racing 3s V2 battery
Ottsix Racing KLR tires with standard foam inserts
14 tooth pinion gear.

Big difference today; the Tekno now whips along like it's on a magic carpet. Before I was struggling to keep up with a bone stock Losi Lasernut, and now it blows them off the track. I am extremely pleased with this setup.

The suspension has really improved with the changes, and now I can stay on the throttle much more, putting power down to the track.

I want to change out the tire foams next week, and look into some LF springs, but overall this thing cooks.

I keep thinking on dropping in a Tekin 1700 kV and running 4s, but I have not needed the power so far on our tight desert track. When I drop the hammer on this Tekin Pro 4 HD 3500 kV, this beast leaps off the ground. The KLR tires are really hooking up well.

I'm not running the rear wing because when we roll, it's pretty rough on the cars, and I think the wing would be destroyed quickly. I also don't go very fast, so probably not see any gain from the downward force.

Track Testing Tekno 2.jpg
Track Testing Tekno 3.jpg

I have a Lasernut, and I just bought the parts to build a DB48. I've read as much of your relevant posts as I have found... It looks like a good time.

I have had a lot of problems with the Lasernut; or I guess, more correctly, I've had a lot of trouble keeping it running. I finally broke down and ordered every durability piece I can find for it. Hopefully those will help once I get them in, and installed.

How have they (Lasernuts) been working/holding up for your group of racers? It seems to me they are simply not able to keep the big tires rolling. Hinge pins/plates, axles, etc.

Or is that simply the price of playing the game? I'm pretty new to high power cars...

Thanks!

Recent Popular Liked

Back