• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

et48 and 48.3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

250FPV

Reaction score
hi everyone,
im new to the forum and this is my first post but i have probably a stupid question but i have been looking for a tekno et48.3 roller for a while and have found some listed as just et48 and some listed as et48.3. is there two et 48's or is the et48 just people shortening it?
thanks

thanks for the reply and the links and just wondering what sort of things should i look out for when getting a used one. i will completely strip it down and rebuild it when i get one and expect atleast a few bearings to be bad unless its fairly new but what else could need replacing

All depends on how well it was cared for... if the chassis is older than 2-3 seasons of racing, then expect the droop tabs to be worn and that will require replacement of the whole chassis. After about each year of normal use I would notice the hole for the suspension arms would tend to wallow out and will require the replacement of the arms. Maybe check for any bent arm pins and install some fresh pill inserts while you are at it. If the previous owner used generous thread lock (which they should) but didn't properly heat the screw heads to melt the thread lock before removing any screws for maintenance then I would expect to discover some stripped screw heads that will need to be replaced as well. I use a micro torch and that usually helps me remove any screws that are partially stripped.

If the previous owner had a seized bearing, then they would also need to replace the hub carrier where the bearing had seized because it will more than likely have been slightly melted the plastic, if you don't replace the hub carrier then you will keep going through bearings very quickly.

Check for flat spots on the pins of the drive shafts and any worn out drives that might need to be replaced:
Pin replacement tools

Check for bent shafts and stripped out plastic threads.... I would ask the owner if any of these things need to be addressed, etc.

Keep in mind that TEKNO offers a 50% lifetime warranty for any parts you mail into them!

glad you mentioned the flat spot part i have an et410 and rebuilt it recently noticing 1 flatspot on the rear drive shaft inbetween the centre diff and rear diff but just refitted for now thinking i need a whole new shaft so i gues i will have a go at replacing the pin as there isnt much wear on the outdrives yet. do you recomend a thin oil or anything on the outdrives? i also forgot about the lifetime warranty and need a new steering rack so might try that.

Every TEKNO I have owned will go through those pins on the center rear shaft faster than any other shaft on the car. Definitely worth investing in a pin replacement tool, the cost will break even after your first use as opposed to not having to replace any shafts.

I use WD40 PFTE spray on all metal parts to clean and keep them well lubricated.

Recent Popular Liked

Back