• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET48.3 Scan on Wednesday....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
So I’m having my ET scanned on Wednesday to get a 3D model of it to design some stuff for it. I plan to remove the wheels and tires but leave all electronics in it. Are there any areas that some of you want particularly scanned? I will be sure it creates a detailed scan of those areas.

I agree. I will make sure it gets the angles to get around it.

I’m doing this because I want to design a printable shroud for my motor fan that acts as a cowl intake does on a car. I’ll know where to cut the body and match the body profile so the cowl seals up against it. . Kinda like a car intake. There isn’t much room under there once the body is on so the model of the body and chassis will allow me to work within the confines of it. At least that’s the plan anyway....I may not have enough room once I really look at it.

Nice thing about designing to print is you don’t have worry about tool paths and being able to make it and cheaply.

Pretty good design here that might be worth trying to model after:
https://arndtcraft.com/products/tekno-eb410-extreme-cool-fan-shroud-mount

image_67ef02a3-a306-40a1-95e3-c1a1e72eaddb_470x.jpg

What equipment are you using? I’ve always been curious about 3D printing.

Here is the blue light scanner that will be used. I can’t find the exact model but it’s very similar.
https://www.gom.com/metrology-systems/atos.html

This is the printer that will be used.
https://www.stratasys.com/3d-printers/j735-j750

They have a new guy that is learning the software so this is something that will facilitate that. There are a lot of nooks and crannies to scan so camera angle and line of sight will be crucial.....a lot of camera manipulation so it will be a good learning experience.

When the parts are printed, they will be made most likely from VeroBlack. I will have to pay for material but not machine time if there is room on the bed. Also, this printer holds a flatness of .003” so it’s really accurate.

Once I receive the .stl I will most likely start modeling in NX12 because I believe they now have a nice mesh tool that will create the surfaces for me and then I will export into Solid Edge and use Synchronous from there.

That is fancy I’d have to say. Have you seen Steven Bonds stuff on FB? I think a lot of his stuff is for Arrmas though. I could be wrong though.

I’m excited to see what you create though!

I think something to mount esc switches would be cool. Sort of like a center diff protector with a way to hold a esc switch.

That’s a good idea! It will be one of the first things. Gonna take some time getting a good model out of it though.

I’m not on Facebook, does he have a website? I’d like to check it out. If there is time I’d like to scan my Kraton next.

Well, it’s gonna be a little while before it gets scanned. They didn’t have time to do it when they said they would...production comes first so hopefully I can at least get the body scanned really soon.

That’s a good idea! It will be one of the first things. Gonna take some time getting a good model out of it though.

I’m not on Facebook, does he have a website? I’d like to check it out. If there is time I’d like to scan my Kraton next.
I’m not sure if he has a website or not. I’ll see what I can find.

Recent Popular Liked

Back