• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET48.3 MT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tetsulo

Reaction score
Made a new ET48.3 length rear bulkhead brace with and integrated dropped ESC mount and thought I would share. I could probably drop the ESC another 5mm with some new standoffs but was feeling kind of lazy. While I had it apart I installed the 48 tooth steel spur gear and hardened steel drive cup. I had to mill a slot in the chassis to clear the spur gear (it does not stick below the chassis) and made a secondary top brace as I had to open up the upper plate to clear the spur as well and it was starting to look thin. Next up will be Cooling Fan mount for the motor that ties into the M2C chassis brace.
IMG_2023.jpg
IMG_2024.jpg

Where can I get one of those plates at? Did you make it?

I did make it. I cut it out on my CNC router table out of 4mm Carbon Fiber. It's sized for the XR8+ ESC which is really big. I had to move the receiver to a traxxas RX box where the ESC used to mount. It would not be a tough job to make another one or sized for a different ESC if you are interested but the CF is pricey in that thickness. I have a very long post about my project truck and more photo's of how it all goes together in the Introductions forum. It was too bonkers with the short wheelbase. Let me know if you have any questions. It's very solid and compatible with M2C's excellent rear bulkead/shocktower brace.

Fan_Mount_2019-Dec-10_10-48-40PM-000_CustomizedView16982191752.png

Mock up of the cooling fan mount. Ties in to the center diff and would have a post that reaches down and sits on top of the M2C chassis brace to reduce it's flex. Will hold a 60mm fan which should move some air. I'm going to wait to cut it until I get the actual fan and sanity check it. Could probably get away with 3mm CF for this

I did make it. I cut it out on my CNC router table out of 4mm Carbon Fiber. It's sized for the XR8+ ESC which is really big. I had to move the receiver to a traxxas RX box where the ESC used to mount. It would not be a tough job to make another one or sized for a different ESC if you are interested but the CF is pricey in that thickness. I have a very long post about my project truck and more photo's of how it all goes together in the Introductions forum. It was too bonkers with the short wheelbase. Let me know if you have any questions. It's very solid and compatible with M2C's excellent rear bulkead/shocktower brace.

I definitely like it but I also need to get the M2C brace before I can go any further. Awesome craftsmanship BTW!

I definitely like it but I also need to get the M2C brace before I can go any further. Awesome craftsmanship BTW!

Very impressed with the M2C stuff. You won't be sorry.

Beautiful ESC mount. It puts the one I made to shame.

Carbon fibre looks great, it will work great with the M2C brace as well to reduce flex.

This is bad ass. Nice work! Did you go with the larger spur because you ran out of pinion space for the gear ratio you were targeting?

Very important question. What are you going to install where the ESC used to go?? A scale mini fridge with scale mini beer?

This is bad ass. Nice work! Did you go with the larger spur because you ran out of pinion space for the gear ratio you were targeting?

The 44/17 (I think that's what I was running) thermalled after a fairly short run on a cold day. There wasn't much left in terms of going with a smaller pinion so I increased the size of the spur. I left the original pinion for now and will see how it goes. But I can go smaller if I want now too.

Very important question. What are you going to install where the ESC used to go?? A scale mini fridge with scale mini beer?

Great idea :) I moved the receiver there by installing a Traxxas RX box though. I've got some new pics to share and you'll see more if it. :)

Fan mount and grille
46E64D0D-D1BD-41B6-BD8D-FBA9C8D7ED78.jpeg
. 2mm CF. Went with a 60x60mm 17cfm@ 12v dual bearing fan. Made a small mistake on the standoff so it’s not perfectly centered but it doesn’t interfere with anything... have a 26cfm fan too (thicker one) but didn’t have long enough bolts. Would like to order some aluminum ones... doesn’t sound like a hair dryer even at 22v like the small ones do. Need to figure out wiring. I would run it at 22v but would like it switched with the esc. I think fan output on esc is only 5 volts... or at best what BEC puts out.
32BB0F8C-A283-4A95-9BC3-25BE66DBAD2D.jpeg
16026620-680C-4585-93F2-93C8B06B8BC1.jpeg
9B825253-D924-4E3B-A75C-71E36928EA93.jpeg

Nice work! Give it a year and you’ll be making your own RCs from scratch.

Fan mount and grilleView attachment 3593. 2mm CF. Went with a 60x60mm 17cfm@ 12v dual bearing fan. Made a small mistake on the standoff so it’s not perfectly centered but it doesn’t interfere with anything... have a 26cfm fan too (thicker one) but didn’t have long enough bolts. Would like to order some aluminum ones... doesn’t sound like a hair dryer even at 22v like the small ones do. Need to figure out wiring. I would run it at 22v but would like it switched with the esc. I think fan output on esc is only 5 volts... or at best what BEC puts out.View attachment 3595View attachment 3596View attachment 3597

Wow, I love that! What body are you going to run?

Wow, I love that! What body are you going to run?

thank you, I'm going to run a Kraton body - cheap and pre-painted lol :) I made an adapter plate to fit Arrma rear body mounts to the shock tower out of Kydex. I have some TBR goodies to go on too but they didn't come in the mail today :( Just a quick update - I added a small power plug to the battery input of the ESC and the fan. it's not switched by the ESC but you just plug it/unplug it when your ready to run. No low voltage cutoff though so it would suck to forget. Ran it in the driveway and did some high traction pulls. steel center diff/lower gearing (perhaps) seems to have fixed the skipping problem I was having. Truck is definitely more fun with the longer wheel base. I think its going to need a tooth (or two) on the pinion.
79199178_3004900309520828_4156897089709670400_n.jpg

Just a quick update. did some big air bashing on Sunday - it was warm for December on the east coast but still on the cool side. snapped a rear shock standoff and have another diff that sounds like it's ready to go. I haven't actually figured out which one yet but I'm hoping it's not the center one as if it is it does not bode well for this truck holding up to this power. Surface is a hard packed clay track for BMX bikes so it's VERY hard and the air was VERY big :) Thing is a lot of crazy fun though. Everything else held up great though. It's gotta weigh 2lb less than my buddy's Kraton. In the air I can pulse the throttle and actually have it do multiple front flips and then land it. Shock oil is leaking out the weep holes in the shock caps. when I changed the oil in them I didn't change the o ring in the cap and the caps are on tight. They weren't leaking before. Do they need to be replaced? They are not over filled.

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back