• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Et48.3 basher 6s motor recommendations!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VRC

Reaction score
Hello all,
I’m wondering if I should go to 6s. I’m currently running 4s with backflip lp’s. With a 2200kv hobbystar max8 combo. Everything works as it should except the batteries. I’m not looking to go faster. Would just like for the batteries to last. I’m thinking a 1550kv. Any suggestions or help would be great!

Thnx,

What kind of runtime are you getting with your current setup, out of interest?

In my ET48.3, I run a TP Power TP4040 1580kv, this was chosen so I could could run the car flat out in a wide open space on grass. I wanted good speed and acceptable, safe running temperature, of course on 6S.

This motor is excellent for that use case, the car does 52mph on a 16t pinion.

I also run 4S 8000mah packs at the track and get about 15-20 mins of track racing. If you want to stick with 4S, you are best just buying the highest capacity 4S pack that will fit. Hard-case packs seem to fit best in the Tekno battery trays.

Reactions: VRC
What kind of runtime are you getting with your current setup, out of interest?

In my ET48.3, I run a TP Power TP4040 1580kv, this was chosen so I could could run the car flat out in a wide open space on grass. I wanted good speed and acceptable, safe running temperature, of course on 6S.

This motor is excellent for that use case, the car does 52mph on a 16t pinion.

I also run 4S 8000mah packs at the track and get about 15-20 mins of track racing. If you want to stick with 4S, you are best just buying the highest capacity 4S pack that will fit. Hard-case packs seem to fit best in the Tekno battery trays.
I’m getting 7-10 min at most on 5200mah 4s. 5min if I running hard. Ya, was thinking I should just buy some big 4s packs. I don’t really want to go 6s cause of the problems with part strain. Do you run the 1650kv on 4s? How do you like it? I have an 1800kv I’m going to try. Do you think that will help?

My 2200kv is nice on 4s and on the track but I am not a fan of it when bashing on 6s

I think 1800 - 1900kv is a better basher option

My 2200kv is nice on 4s and on the track but I am not a fan of it when bashing on 6s

I think 1800 - 1900kv is a better basher option
Do you run 6s? On the 1800-1900kv or 4s or both?

My 1900kv set up is in my eb48.4 and it is a 4s track only rig

My 2200kv is in my et48.3 4s on the track and I have bashed it a couple times on 6s with larger MT tires

I did not like the et on 6s with the 2200kv set up. If I were to make my et a basher I think I would drop down to around a 1800kv

My local track has gone to crap so this may be something I do this summer

I have a powerhobby 9000mah 4s pack that I have used the past couple times in my et48 2.0 and have had really good luck with it. I also have a couple smaller packs for racing or track use but it seems to hold up well for general use.

castle mmx8s 1520 combo will handle any gearing and will be most efficient combo you can buy

castle mmx8s 1520 combo will handle any gearing and will be most efficient combo you can buy
hello, is this the best combo even over the 1515? I am in between these two, and my build is at standstill till i order motor. I am still a noob when it comes to which ideal motor to get. I am ideally looking to be able to have the capability to run either 4s/6s (setting aside gearing changes as i have bought a range of pinion gear sizes already).

hello, is this the best combo even over the 1515? I am in between these two, and my build is at standstill till i order motor. I am still a noob when it comes to which ideal motor to get. I am ideally looking to be able to have the capability to run either 4s/6s (setting aside gearing changes as i have bought a range of pinion gear sizes already).
I'm just throwing this out there. I built an MT48.3 and What I did was buy a Spektrum Arrma 6s combo. It's a 4074 2050kv 6s motor and I run mine on 4s and 6s. They KEY is to use some decent fans. I have a powerhobby fan mount that can run two 40mm fans. Last night temps were around 80degrees outside and I ran 6s with a 17t pinion for a good hard 12 minutes and I didn't see over 140 on the motor or esc. I could gear up when I run 4s, but it's just easier to leave the pinion in and sacrifice a little power haha I mainly bash 6s on that rig :)

I'm just throwing this out there. I built an MT48.3 and What I did was buy a Spektrum Arrma 6s combo. It's a 4074 2050kv 6s motor and I run mine on 4s and 6s. They KEY is to use some decent fans. I have a powerhobby fan mount that can run two 40mm fans. Last night temps were around 80degrees outside and I ran 6s with a 17t pinion for a good hard 12 minutes and I didn't see over 140 on the motor or esc. I could gear up when I run 4s, but it's just easier to leave the pinion in and sacrifice a little power haha I mainly bash 6s on that rig :)
Ya, I went to 6s. Found it to be to much for these teknos. They really SHINE ON 4s, even for bashing. So, I went back to using a 2000kv leopard hobby 4074 on 4s. Which took off some weight cause I was running a 4082 1450kv and the batteries have a tendency to be bigger. Now I’m not breaking stuff and wearing out the drivetrain. When I was running the 4s backflip lps, they would chew thru the packs and kill the packs prematurely. Now I’m running standard truggy tires. I have a mohavified exb notorious that I run on 6s now. It is a good buggy for 6s. Arrmas 1/8 scales are made for 6s and can take a beating. Especially, the Mojave!

Ya, I went to 6s. Found it to be to much for these teknos. They really SHINE ON 4s, even for bashing. So, I went back to using a 2000kv leopard hobby 4074 on 4s. Which took off some weight cause I was running a 4082 1450kv and the batteries have a tendency to be bigger. Now I’m not breaking stuff and wearing out the drivetrain. When I was running the 4s backflip lps, they would chew thru the packs and kill the packs prematurely. Now I’m running standard truggy tires. I have a mohavified exb notorious that I run on 6s now. It is a good buggy for 6s. Arrmas 1/8 scales are made for 6s and can take a beating. Especially, the Mojave!
I agree, I never even bothered with 6s for the mt410. I know people do, but it's not really built for it IMO. I built mine out with the blx185 from JRC so I'd have the ability for 6s but after testing it on 4s..no need for 6s.
My brother and I have most of the 6s bashers currently on the market. As well as both having Xmaxx's. We race each other on a track at my house. Truggy tires rule there, 6s kills them pretty quickly. Backflip LP's too.. tough to find a truggy tire that withstands 6s I find.
The only 6s rig in my fleet that I actually run 6s in is the kraton exb with max6/4092. Even my Mojave exb only running on 5s. I find 5s is perfect for it.

I agree, I never even bothered with 6s for the mt410. I know people do, but it's not really built for it IMO. I built mine out with the blx185 from JRC so I'd have the ability for 6s but after testing it on 4s..no need for 6s.
My brother and I have most of the 6s bashers currently on the market. As well as both having Xmaxx's. We race each other on a track at my house. Truggy tires rule there, 6s kills them pretty quickly. Backflip LP's too.. tough to find a truggy tire that withstands 6s I find.
The only 6s rig in my fleet that I actually run 6s in is the kraton exb with max6/4092. Even my Mojave exb only running on 5s. I find 5s is perfect for it.
Hmmm, ya…it is hard to find a good 6s truggy tire. I run a 4082 1450kv in my Swb Mojave, with a 16-18t pinion depending on tires. I like to have some room to spare when bashing. The et48.3 is definitely one of my favorite cars to drive!

Hmmm, ya…it is hard to find a good 6s truggy tire. I run a 4082 1450kv in my Swb Mojave, with a 16-18t pinion depending on tires. I like to have some room to spare when bashing. The et48.3 is definitely one of my favorite cars to drive!
I may stretch my mt410 to et48. Think I'd enjoy it more as a truggy.
Sorry I got crossed up posting about the mt410 in an et48 thread,LOL.

I have a mojave exb, hard to find a tire as durable as the fortress. Unfortunately the fortress doesn't hook up well on clay. Mojave is atrocious on tires, eats em up.

I may stretch my mt410 to et48. Think I'd enjoy it more as a truggy.
Sorry I got crossed up posting about the mt410 in an et48 thread,LOL.
No worries! I had an eb48.3 at one time, great buggy for bashing, tough. Shares the same parts and all the .3’s, and mt. Just the shorter arms. Thing was a beast. I found though that for bashing the truggy was more stable and could handle much more terrain. I’m not a stunt type basher. More race bashing. Not that the truggy can’t do tricks. Just need more room and speed off jumps. The cool thing is, once you have the chassis and rear driveshaft. You can change it back if you get bored with the truggy, and vice versa.

No worries! I had an eb48.3 at one time, great buggy for bashing, tough. Shares the same parts and all the .3’s, and mt. Just the shorter arms. Thing was a beast. I found though that for bashing the truggy was more stable and could handle much more terrain. I’m not a stunt type basher. More race bashing. Not that the truggy can’t do tricks. Just need more room and speed off jumps. The cool thing is, once you have the chassis and rear driveshaft. You can change it back if you get bored with the truggy, and vice versa.
Truggies are my favorite class of rc's for sure. So versatile, the swiss army knife of rc's IMO.
My brother and I are in our 50's, both empty nesters. Kids are all grown,now it's feasible to have a fleet of rc's. We don't do the stunting thing either, I'm over it already. We made a track on my property that we "race" on..sometimes it looks more like demolition derby,lol. Here's a pic of some of ours.

Attachments

• 20220822_180143.jpg
    20220822_180143.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 106
I have a mojave exb, hard to find a tire as durable as the fortress. Unfortunately the fortress doesn't hook up well on clay. Mojave is atrocious on tires, eats em up.
You’re wright. The fortress are good tires. They’re tough! That’s why I run 16t 1450kv 4082, instead of the 4985 that was in it. It doesnt chew thru tires. This is one of the reasons I didn’t like th Mojav. I thinks it’s to big and heavy. With the shortened wheelbase and buggy body it weighs 12lbs. I also have a set of typhon tires I’m going to try out.

Truggies are my favorite class of rc's for sure. So versatile, the swiss army knife of rc's IMO.
My brother and I are in our 50's, both empty nesters. Kids are all grown,now it's feasible to have a fleet of rc's. We don't do the stunting thing either, I'm over it already. We made a track on my property that we "race" on..sometimes it looks more like demolition derby,lol. Here's a pic of some of ours.
Cool, nice rigs! Wish I had room for a basher track. That would be so fun. I have a nice bash spot though. No one bothers me there.

You’re wright. The fortress are good tires. They’re tough! That’s why I run 16t 1450kv 4082, instead of the 4985 that was in it. It doesnt chew thru tires. This is one of the reasons I didn’t like th Mojav. I thinks it’s to big and heavy. With the shortened wheelbase and buggy body it weighs 12lbs. I also have a set of typhon tires I’m going to try out.
I originally put the mojave together with a Hobao 150a rtr esc from Jenny's and a Tenshock 2200kv 4274 I've had forever. It ran a bit hot and I though it needed a bigger power system, so I bought a max6 and a 4092 1650kv and put it in. Well, that sure gave it a big boost in power, but I didn't like the way it drove with the extra weight.
Went back to the original setup and installed a nice fan on the motor. Been running good for about a year or so.
I threw a set of Duratrax blinders on it to get more traction on the clay which works quite well actually. It's pulled the front wheels off the ground more than once on 5s.. unfortunately the esc has been overheating and hitting thermal shutdown due to the taller tires. I didn't have a 13t pinion to swap in, so I put the fortress back on for now.
Fighting with the lsd front diff now. I don't care for all the parts in them, ordered the shim kit from Arrma to get rid of the lsd plates. Gears look fine.
The mojave could sure use a diet though IMO.

Recent Popular Liked

Back