• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET48 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kreeper

Reaction score
I saw Jared Wiggins running the new Tekno ET48 2.0 and was 3rd place with the new truggy. Nobody ask him when it is being released yet. Does anyone know when it will be released? I've been waiting for the new tekno truggy all year. This is the election I'm waiting for!

It looked like the NT48 2.0, right?
7AA4193B-6302-43C8-9DAB-E3AA65AA6408.jpeg

Aww man. Damn. Well my hopes are shattered. Back to building the et48.3 out of the mt410. Thanks for the facts bro.

Last I heard they were still testing it, the unofficial plan was to have it released around late Nov, which we are approaching, but no idea if that is still on track which is why they are keeping the actual release date under tight wraps so not to disappoint if they have to make last minute tweaks.

I personally would rather wait for them to make any necessary changes and push back the release than to rush out something that isn't ready to be sold yet.

Last I heard they were still testing it, the unofficial plan was to have it released around late Nov, which we are approaching, but no idea if that is still on track which is why they are keeping the actual release date under tight wraps so not to disappoint if they have to make last minute tweaks.

I personally would rather wait for them to make any necessary changes and push back the release than to rush out something that isn't ready to be sold yet.
Okay. So I have to continue to be patient for the E Truggy. Very well, it's only been 7 months.

Okay. So I have to continue to be patient for the E Truggy. Very well, it's only been 7 months.

Pretty sure the ET48.3 was just discontinued last month, not sure where you're getting 7 months :unsure:

Pretty sure the ET48.3 was just discontinued last month, not sure where you're getting 7 months :unsure:
Naw man ever since April they kept pushing the date back for restock and then they decided to discontinued it recently.

Naw man ever since April they kept pushing the date back for restock and then they decided to discontinued it recently.

I wasn't aware they weren't re-stocking it, just noticed that they flipped the switch to discontinued last month. Did you subscribe to get a notification when the product would come back in stock? Curious if they sent an email or something that it was being discontinued?

Only reason I noticed was because I got word (from a non-official source) that the 2.0 would be coming in Nov and was curious if they had any product announcements, I'm more curious to see if they will be introducing anything different besides what is already being done to the 2.0 buggy

Last I heard was that they had to redesign the front bulkhead after PNB, so the original plan to ship in Nov was pushed back, no idea how much longer for them to re-test the updated part and get the 2.0 kits ready, this is probably why there was no official word in the first place ;)

I know of at least 5 drivers in my area who aren't currently running eTruggy and are waiting for the 2.0 to get into the class... gonna be interesting because there are a few other brands getting ready to release new eTruggies too, I wonder how many folks are gonna wait for TEKNO or try those other brands instead?

Last edited:
November is now gone. Anyone hear of any updates? Hoping we will see the new truggy by Christmas.
I'm tired of waiting on tekno! Whenever the new truggy comes out, their money is waiting on them!

Only 2 other brands I know who are getting ready to release are Sworkz and HB.... I don't know anything else about their designs.... only deal breaker for me is if they are running PBS, I've learned that caster blocks suit my driving style (and wallet) much better :)

I got to talk with Jared this past weekend when he raced at our local club, he was pretty tight lipped on what he could share about the 2.0, but he did confirm that it's essentially the equivalent of what they mirrored between the EB48.3 and ET48.3 platforms so there really isn't much for us to see other than we already know about the EB48 2.0 but with a stretched out chassis/braces/body and what we can clearly see in the pics above. I'm paraphrasing, but TEKNO just needs to make sure that all the parts are durable enough to meet their stringent standards before they start selling it publicly.

Looking at that pic, it looks like the front shocks are exposed.

Got to hand it to Tekno for keeping things different!

Thanks for pointing this out, that might actually be a deal breaker for me... I've already bought a truggy body and if they make it so you can't fit traditional aftermarket bodies then I may have to switch brands :(

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing this out, that might actually be a deal breaker for me... I've already bought a truggy body and if they make it so you can't fit traditional aftermarket bodies then I may have to switch brands :(
The front tower has provisions to move the body mounts to a "traditional" location. During initial testing we were able to make the old body fit relatively easily.
That being said, the new style body is simply better for racing. Even if someone doesn't like the style I suggest they try it, they may be surprised.

The front tower has provisions to move the body mounts to a "traditional" location. During initial testing we were able to make the old body fit relatively easily.
That being said, the new style body is simply better for racing. Even if someone doesn't like the style I suggest they try it, they may be surprised.

That's great news!

Maybe I'll run the aftermarket body for practice if the difference in performance it noticeable enough on my fast lap times :)

Recent Popular Liked

Back