• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you running 6s on your ET48 2.0 how do you keep the wheels down on the ground? I ran mine on Saturday and at 1/4 throttle was flying. Tried to increase to 1/2 throttle and was sliding across the parking lot on my top. Was using 16T pinion which promptly lead to overheating. So will be sticking with 4s most of the time and my have to go down to 15T pinion when I want to pull out the 6s unless people have other suggestions.

Motor & ESC are the Hobbywing Max 8 combo 2200kV.
To me 4s in a 1/8 truggy is boring for bashing I’ve spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars learning how to control 6S and repairing torn up cars and parts. I would suggest looking at hobbystar 4076 motors in 1700 or 2000 kv running 6S. It’s a lot of motor for $55 and free shipping. For my EB48 I am using a Xr8 plus and Surpass hobby rocket 4274 sensored 2250kv and it’s been a really good setup so far.

Thanks @Lynny

What pinions are you running with either the 1700 or 2000 motors?

Last edited:
Running this on 6s also??
Some 4s and some 6s yep um thinking about getting a 5S to try for a little extra but not to much. Also running 6S you can always turn down throttle epa and work in to it gradually.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks @Lynny

What pinions are you running with either the 1700 or 2000 motors?
16T on the 2000 and 18T or 19T on the 1700 in the buggy with the 2250 18t probably going to 20t. I really like these powerhobby fan mounts also you need fans in my opinion.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
I see that some members of the forum have fabric shock boots. These seem like they would be a good idea for keeping your shocks clean. Can you point me in the right direction on options for the ET48 2.0?

I see that some members of the forum have fabric shock boots. These seem like they would be a good idea for keeping your shocks clean. Can you point me in the right direction on options for the ET48 2.0?
I use badhorsie shock covers on my MT and ET 2.0. The standard large size.

Their site is really old but they charge via PayPal and ship same day or next day.
http://www.badhorsie.com/products/shock-covers.html

I had to trim the fronts on my ET since I’m also using the shock boot and the cloth cover would get caught.

Attachments

• 4EBE5FB0-FADA-4D19-9987-2C2FBD01DA5B.jpeg
    4EBE5FB0-FADA-4D19-9987-2C2FBD01DA5B.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 175
  • C39DAE23-EED6-48C7-A156-4D2F2B63B156.jpeg
    C39DAE23-EED6-48C7-A156-4D2F2B63B156.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 177
There does not seem to be a lot of air flow on the ET48 2.0 body. I run fans on my ESC and motor but it gets hot here in TX. Do any of you cut vents in your bodies to help with the air flow?

If anyone has expertise with this and can advise where they suggest holes be cut, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Recent Popular Liked

Back