• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET410 by HeavyBag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind words.

The funny things is, that Lexan wing was destroyed after only two runs while I was getting acquainted with the truggy. Kind of made sick a lil' bit seeing that I put that extra time into masking, and painting that thing ?. I got tired of trying to mend the JConcepts piece of plastic.

Maybe the lexan wings, that come with ET410 bodies, will last on a smooth astro, or carpet track. But, on a rough off-road "dirt" track...FORGET IT! Run without a wing? I can't do it. Too stupid looking IMO. The ET410 is a truggy. #GottaHaveWing

SWorkz S104 wing(s) to the rescue...

Whatever those wings are made of, it's sure is one flexible piece of plastic. Even better than my 1/8 scale buggy's wing IMO. It's thick too! It's the wing that Tekno should have included with the ET410 kit in the first place. Oh well ?‍♂️.

'Been hitting the track hard, and landing/sliding/tumbling on the S104 wing seems to do nothing to it...just gets dusty. I can see the wing move a little as I hammer on through the rough sections of the track.

The SWorkz wing should last a very long time. I don't foresee it ever tearing.

My choice of motor may not be the best, but I'm putting up with it for the moment.

I began running the ET410 with 53/19 gearing...motor got super hot! I could only get about 5 minutes of run time before motor temps began to get carried away. The speed was great. It was actually more than the truggy needed on my backyard track. I then went with a 1:1 rollout gearing that shows to use 53/16 gears. The motor temps were much better. Currently running 53/14 gearing which allows me to be in the 15 minute run time range before motor starts cooking.

My Speed Passion V3 3500kv is geared pretty low to keep temps in check. I pretty sure the V3 motor is only a 2-pole. I'm sure a high quality 4-pole 540 would make a HUGE difference in the torque needed to move this truggy, but I like messing with dirt cheap motors, and will probably shove a 550 sized 3500~3300kv motor in the truggy sometime soon.

Another complaint of mine is the rear yellow springs are too stiff to get desired ride height. I can't see anyone using the stock rear springs to get a low ride height, unless a different shock tower is used, or the coils are cut. I currently have to use the 2.61 lb/in, green springs in the rear (and find them just barely soft enough) to get the truggy's rear at "bones level" height that I strive for. This is only possible when rear spring collars are adjusted so that they are only touching the rear springs while the springs are fully extended. I will be getting the softer pink rear springs shortly, and they should be (hopefully) perfect for my situation.

Checking the ride height again, after a couple of months of truggy use, I've noticed the rear end sagging. Not much, but like 4 to 5mm to where the rear CVA bones are below "bones level". That's exactly the ride height that I was after (should I need it), but couldn't achieve it. I tried to explain why in earlier post.

Now, the front springs are fine. They have not allowed the truggy's front end to sag. I even loosened up the front spring collars one full turn, I think, to bring the front end down to "bones level".

I'll have to keep an eye on those rear springs.

Last edited:
Yes, I get excited about little things, and the updated wing mount will not disappoint. That thing should be right behind the metal servo horn in the list of "must haves". It is very solid feeling now.
20200127_084658.jpg

I put it off for too long. A new Hobbywing 3652 4000kv motor made its way onto the ET chassis. Went up on the pinion tooth count for some preliminary testing and took the ET out in the grass for a "shake down".
20200127_084218.jpg

20200203_105112.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back