• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ESC 2S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfulcher

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. ET48
  3. ET410
  4. MT410
  5. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
I just got my ET410 built and ready to get the ESC & Motor. I was looking at the Castle Mamba but it seems like it might be too big. I know it seems like a lot of people suggest the Hobbywing XR10 Pro. I don't see a lot of people post about Castle are they not that good?

I plan to try and race in a 2S unlimited class, just because that is the only Truggy class my local track has. Any suggestions on motor and ESC for that?

Thanks

I like the XR10 Pros. They are really nice. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions about Reedy ESC's. I have only had Hobbywing and Castle at the moment.

hobbywing has come up hugely. they used to be a lot cheaper than the competition and that's how they got so popular, but they aren't cheaper any more and are considered just as good as any other top brand and are probably the most popular currently. personally i like to try different brands - most of my stuff is tekin but I also have maclan and castle mostly.

The only negative on hobbywing I've heard is that customer service isn't the best so if you have an issue it may not be easy to get service, however it's easy to hear bad things about customer service from just about any company if you look hard enough. I"ve personally had great cusotmer service from tekin recently.

Castle is aimed more towards the basher crowd - they offer only 4 pole motors, so if you're legit racing, you may be limited depending on the class. I think 10th truggy class uses 2 pole motors.
Castle's mamba X esc (not monster) is really good in my opinion, but if you can't use a castle motor then I wouldn't recommend mixing esc/motor brands - usually there is no problem in doing that but once in a while there can be - stick with the same motor and esc if you can.

You can also consider many other brands that make 10th scale stuff if that's what you're looking for.
they all perform comparably in my opinion. castle if you can run a 4 pole is probably the best value new by far - you can get a cheap sidewinder sensored esc with 1410 motor for like $120 new online - that's half of what you'd pay for another brand... You'll find that not many folks use castle for actual racing, likely due to offering no 2 pole motors, but for 4x4 sct and 1/8th classes I've seen a number of club members win with castle.

I like the XR10 Pros. They are really nice. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions about Reedy ESC's. I have only had Hobbywing and Castle at the moment.
the reedy blackbox ESCs are really nice, i have a friend who loves them and has like 3 of the r510's i think. he has one in his et410.2 in fact, paired with a reedy 8.5t motor

Thanks for the input. It is so confusing now. Back in the day, it was Tekin or Novak, or a physical resister!!! Trying to figure out what are legit good features to have vs just fluff. Your comments on Castle seem accurate as far as not really being race centric. The esc's are all to big for the 410's.

Thanks for the input. It is so confusing now. Back in the day, it was Tekin or Novak, or a physical resister!!! Trying to figure out what are legit good features to have vs just fluff. Your comments on Castle seem accurate as far as not really being race centric. The esc's are all to big for the 410's.

if you're an old school tekin fan, then stick with Tekin - they are still excellent.
You'd want the tekin rsx pro ESC for the et410. I currently have 3 tekin ESCs but not that one yet.
Most of the ESCs have a lot of features that you don't really "need" unless you're a good competitive driver in my opinion. Any high end (expensive) ESC will do what you need it to do and more.

Running a hw xr10 pro / 6.5t combo and enjoy it.
A2lowvw how the et with the 6.5t? Temps? Pinion size? I’ve run only 10.5t. I like it. Been thinking about going to something like that!

A2lowvw how the et with the 6.5t? Temps? Pinion size? I’ve run only 10.5t. I like it. Been thinking about going to something like that!

It's all I have ever ran in the et so I don't have much to compare it to, 15t pinion and after 10 min or so of track running it's usually in the 150's. I haven't raced with it yet but it typically only ran out on the tracks near me. For the smaller tracks the 6.5t is def too much power but larger tracks it really feels at home.

Reactions: VRC
Ok, here she is. I went with Reedy motor and Esc mainly to do something different. It runs awesomely, but I don't like the wire setup and capacitors. As you can see, I didn't have much of an option on what to do with them. I hate the wires because I want them clean, so maybe I will search for someone else with the same setup and see what they did. This was after the first test run, so it's a little dirty. I am going to hit the track with it next week and see how it does.

From a pure car side, I love the way it runs. I think I might be fully addicted to Tekno!!!

IMG_4354.jpegIMG_4355.jpegIMG_4352.jpegIMG_4353.jpeg

Recent Popular Liked

Back