• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Electronics setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattbhm

Reaction score
Hello! I am ordering my kit tonight or tomorrow morning and want to make sure I get the right stuff.

The two motor/esc setups I am looking at are..

XR8+4274 2250kv
or
XR8+4268 1900kv

I was told by Tekno that the smaller 1900kv would be the best option due to the lower kv. They said it would be more controllable with better torque. I asked around and everyone said this is not true, and I'd be much better off with a 4274.

It will be used with a 4s battery and dboots backflips. Haven't ordered the wheels yet so they could be changed.

Thanks!!

EDIT: Also, would the Savox 1270 work? I wanted to try a Blue Bird or Promoddler but I have 10% off at Amain and the Blue Birds are out of stock at Flight Comp.

If you're worried about heat you could also use a 40x76mm 2000kv can from another manufacturer. With 2 different motors of the same kv, I would take the longer motor for sure because they'll run cooler and make more power.

If you're worried about heat you could also use a 40x76mm 2000kv can from another manufacturer. With 2 different motors of the same kv, I would take the longer motor for sure because they'll run cooler and make more power.

Thanks for the response!

I am not so much worried about heat as I am about it being controllable.

With that said, I decided to go with the 2250kv combo. I ordered the Yeah Racing dual tornado cooler so heat shouldn't be an issue.

Recent Popular Liked

Back