• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Electronics for eb410 buggy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok. I have an unlimited budget for electronics to put in my eb410. I want highest of quality batteries, great all around charger, great tires--preferably already pre glued, a great esc, a great servo, great modified high-end motor, and I already have a great futaba radio and receiver. Please advise on what you guys would buy if you were me. Thanks.

You're gonna get tons of opinions and everyone is gonna say their favorite brand "X" is the best... but if I won the lottery and had unlimited funds, then this is what I would go with:

Battery: Trinity White Carbon HV
Charger: iCharger 406 Duo
Power Supply: Junsi 1200W
Tires: Pre-Glued are for RTR's, what track surface are you planning to run at?
ESC: HobbyWing XR10 PRO is a solid choice for standard features that most racers need, also pick up a Programming Box; if you need some advanced like data logging, etc then consider the Tekin RS Pro which will need a HotWire to program it.
Servo: MKS HBL575
Motor: Trinity Monster 6T - tons of tuning options available, very well supported brand!

Thanks. That is what I'm getting. On the tires. My track is like a hard packed red clay. Could you help me on tires to?

Just checking. Will all these parts fit on my tekno eb410 buggy just fine?

Is that the team trinity high voltage shorty 2s 100C Hardcase lipo battery 7.4 Volt (4000mah) 5mm bullets? I found this on Amain hobbies website. Just wondering.

Tire selection can be tricky, lots of variables to consider with tire compound and saucing method being the most critical. For general practice I would try a set of AKA Impact'swhich are a safe bet for most tracks in soft compound. If the track is indoor with a hard packed clay, then I would go with Chainlinks and in this case, there are actually pre-mounts available, ha!
Rear wheels are standard, however front wheels I tend to prefer XB4 compatible wheels because they offer the widest track width to make the car more stable and easier to drive.

For an indoor track I would highly recommend sticky kicks, I would invest in 3 different formulas from lightest to middle and most aggressive sauce to help you fine tune to your track. Apply the sauce about 5 minutes before each use.

Every part I linked is compatible for the EB410

Yes the LiPo I linked uses 5mm bullets

Good Luck!

Thanks. Yes the track is just like you mentioned. What rear tires do you recommend? The Chain links do offer tires made for the eb410? Thanks for all the links. I got all the stuff I need for my future xray buggy as well. May need your advice for the 2wd xray buggy as well. Thanks. Can you send me your email so I can ask you questions if I need to make a future purchase?

I get instant notification here and happy to answer any questions you post on this thread thanks :)

I am a little out of touch with 2WD Buggy but I know the XB2 is a good choice, just be sure to get the "Dirt Edition".

I don't see any premounts available for chainlinks on the 4WD front, in fact I'm not seeing any 2.2" tires either, but I do see the EVO style tires and wheels available. The Kyosho offset is very close to XB4 and will do really well for the EB410.

Can you tell me if I can use most of the parts above on 2 other kits that I am getting next week. The 2wd 2019 xray dirt edition buggy, and the new edition of the tekno truggy. I think it's like the 48.3 tekno truggy 1/8 scale. So, I can run 3 classes. The 4wd, 2wd, and 1/8th scale truggy class. Just gotta get esc, batteries, etc.. For each car. Forgot to ask about good wires and connectors for soldering things, and a good hauler box on wheels for all my r/c cars. Thanks for all your excellent advice. I've seen some racers use cool storage hauling boxes on rollers for their cars and tools etc.. I have collected a good set of tools over the years. Just to mention one other thing. There is a nitro track that I want to run my new kyosho inferno. I need a great engine picked by you for it along with a good pipe. Sorry to keep bothering you. But, I like your choices because my budget is unlimited. I think the two tekno cars will go good together. I like that MIP kit for the eb410. Thanks for any advice.

Yes for the 2WD Buggy, however the 48.3 is a 1/8 buggy and will need 4S LiPo and ESC/Motor.

I am not well versed in nitro so I don't feel comfortable making any recommendations there :(

I would get these electronics for myself on the 1/8 Buggy with an unlimited budget:

Trinity 4S 14.8v 6000mah 60C 1/8 E-Buggy Pack with 5MM Bullets
HobbyWing XR8 Plus ESC Combo (3S-6S) Xerun 4268 SD G2 1900kv

I'm not convinced the MIP conversion is necessary for the EB410, the current 13.5T national champ shows his entire setup here:
Ultimate Tekno EB410 Stock Build

Ok. Got another question. Sorry. I want to also run the stadium truck class. I like that team associated team kit stadium truck. What stadium truck would you buy and what electronics for it? I don't want any rtr cars or trucks. I know you know that from me now. Lol. Thanks for your help on everything. You have been a great resource for me to buy things. What wire and connectors do you recommend for all vehicles? Thanks.

I used to run 2WD ST in the past... I'm not much of a fan for Associated cars, they don't tend to be quite as durable as other "luxury" brands and will nickle a dime you on upgrades. I raced the Losi 22T-3.0 on clay and that was a reasonably durable kit that required very few upgrades, after the club in my area switched to a turf track I switched to a XRay XT2'17 and that was a far better performing truck, but still needed some upgrades, with the weakest parts being the ball cups and front body mount would tend to break.

I recently started switching over to mostly PR Racing cars which are a pinch more durable than XRay, and they also include a lot more upgrades in their kits than most other brands for the price.

I have moved onto 4WD Truck and I currently race the ET410, but there is a local who runs his PR ST1 with us and often beats most other guys running their 4WD trucks in the same class!

Here's a recent pic from last race day where I took 1st with my ET410, the guy to my right took 2nd with his PR ST1 and the guys to outside (also with ET410's) took 3rd and 4th respectively:

So if I were to buy a 2WD ST for myself today, I would get a PR ST1, but my true passion is running 4WD cars and PR is about to release a new truggy which I plan to sell my ET410 when this is released in the coming weeks:

Just to give you an idea of how well PR kits perform, I recently picked up a PR 401R to replace my EB410 and the new car was able to beat my personal record fast lap by 0.4 seconds in my very first tuning session which is a very significant improvement on my lap times!

I was talking more like a short course truck kit like the team associated sc6. 1 pro kit. I got my names mixed up. Sorry about that.

As luck will turn out, I recently started building an SC201 and the quality on this kit is top notch, I've seen quite a few people posting results from these across the net winning lot of club races with them too, here's one guy showing off his SC201 in the green truck:

That so cool. I guessed I picked the right short course stadium truck. Now, just got to get good electronics for it.

My SC201 build is going to be unique, I will be custom fabricating custom parts with my CNC to convert the truck to run in the 2WD Mod SC Oval class with a Mid West body... custom shock towers, custom front bumper, custom body mounts and modified rear adjustable arms.

Because of the extra weight I will be running a 4 pole motor with a 1/8 ESC to get extra weight on the chassis, this goes against everything you would want to do with a traditional off-road SCT setup.

In your case, I would get the same electronics I linked in post #2

Recent Popular Liked

Back