• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

EB48.4 Couldn’t resist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevieGT

Reaction score
Well I was planning on waiting till after Christmas or maybe even the Spring to pull the trigger on an EB. Then I just happened to see this brand new, never run, already built beauty. $413.00 with shipping. I already am sitting on an RX8 ESC. Question: Can the Truggy motor can from Tekin fit in this? Or do I need to get the shorter version of the buggy style. I have a Tekin truggy motor laying around, just wasn’t sure if it was gonna fit
D7D2B9F1-C5CE-46F4-B2A8-FAF8342CA41C.jpeg
2C7BC1EB-3F07-4A20-8745-DEF2CAF9513E.jpeg

It will be tight but it will fit. The ET48.3 has the same electronics layout.

Only concern I would have is that the truggy motor might have too much torque, you might want to consider going with thicker diff fluids and reduce punch on the ESC and reduce EPA throttle. Could be difficult keeping the nose down on power, ha!

If your radio has expo and throttle speed settings, I would reduce those values as well.

If you are racing then I’d check with your track to see if they allow the truggy motor. 68 mm length is the standard for 1/8 buggies. The buggies motors I believe are a bit lower in kv then the truggy motors too. Plus you’ll have a bit more room for the esc with the 68mm cans.

I like the blue wheels! What brand are those? I’m not a fan of the yellow and white ones. I like color!

Only concern I would have is that the truggy motor might have too much torque, you might want to consider going with thicker diff fluids and reduce punch on the ESC and reduce EPA throttle. Could be difficult keeping the nose down on power, ha!

If your radio has expo and throttle speed settings, I would reduce those values as well.

You are probably right, but I have run a truggy motor (castle 1512 2200kv) in my EB48sl and didn't bother the drive line IMO, which would have been the first thing I would have thought to wear out. I ran that motor for a full year before deciding to get a smaller 2s motor (and converted my SL to the SCT).

You are probably right, but I have run a truggy motor (castle 1512 2200kv) in my EB48sl and didn't bother the drive line IMO, which would have been the first thing I would have thought to wear out. I ran that motor for a full year before deciding to get a smaller 2s motor (and converted my SL to the SCT).
The 1512 is actually the buggy motor. The 1515 is the truggy version.

Ok, makes sense. The Hobbytown near me has buggy options for motors. I’m looking at the 1900 kv Tekin motor. Yeah I gotta pull diffs and check everything, but on first glance it looks like it’s good to go. I’m gonna get +2mm spacers and put off road tires on it and play around till spring. Now the hunt begins for a short course truck. I guess I need a suggestion on steering Servo too.

If you are racing then I’d check with your track to see if they allow the truggy motor. 68 mm length is the standard for 1/8 buggies. The buggies motors I believe are a bit lower in kv then the truggy motors too. Plus you’ll have a bit more room for the esc with the 68mm cans.

I like the blue wheels! What brand are those? I’m not a fan of the yellow and white ones. I like color!

DE? I don’t know much about race wheels

Attachments

• 2F1699D4-7BC2-4071-9B3E-A9DFF67986D2.jpeg
    2F1699D4-7BC2-4071-9B3E-A9DFF67986D2.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 331
DE? I don’t know much about race wheels
Yeah I noticed that after seeing the photos. DE makes racing gear. Good stuff. Proline and jconcepts are probably more popular. They both make white wheels which can be dyed.

Good call, I’m gonna get +2mm hubs and run 2.72 Proline Badlands for the winter, just to get used to the buggy setup. I’ll up the diff fluids a bit. Gonna wait and get the 1900 kv buggy motor. Tekin maybe or another brand that will do sensored brushless. Gotta figure out a good pinion to start with to get comfy.

I've run my tekin 2250kv truggy motor in my EB48.4 no problem. I was curious to see the difference between that and my 2650kv buggy motor. All are Tekin T8 Gen 3's/Tekin RX8 Gen 3 ESC. I didnt change any of my esc settings or pinion size as I was just curious to see what if any difference there was in low end grunt. To he honest with you I didnt really notice much. Torque setting on the RX8 was set at 7 which is typically what I use at the track with the 2650 buggy motor, and on the street if I had to guess I would say the truggy motor had no more than 10% more power from a stop to about 30mph, and the top speed was maybe 5 mph slower between the 2250 and 2650. All on 4s btw. I think these setups are all so powerfull as is the cars or trucks just spin the tires or flip anyway. I think tekin made the truggy versions simply to dissipate more heat with the longer can while running in a heavier truggy with bigger wheels. When geared properly for pretty much any track I would find it hard to believe that anyone would complain that they dont have enough power, especially on dirt. Plus if the traction is super high you will just wheelie or flip over under full throttle unless you set your center diff up super loose so you just diff out and spin the front wheels like crazy. With none of my 4s powered vehicles have i ever thought that if i had more power that i could turn faster laps. It's really the other way around.

I've run my tekin 2250kv truggy motor in my EB48.4 no problem. I was curious to see the difference between that and my 2650kv buggy motor. All are Tekin T8 Gen 3's/Tekin RX8 Gen 3 ESC. I didnt change any of my esc settings or pinion size as I was just curious to see what if any difference there was in low end grunt. To he honest with you I didnt really notice much. Torque setting on the RX8 was set at 7 which is typically what I use at the track with the 2650 buggy motor, and on the street if I had to guess I would say the truggy motor had no more than 10% more power from a stop to about 30mph, and the top speed was maybe 5 mph slower between the 2250 and 2650. All on 4s btw. I think these setups are all so powerfull as is the cars or trucks just spin the tires or flip anyway. I think tekin made the truggy versions simply to dissipate more heat with the longer can while running in a heavier truggy with bigger wheels. When geared properly for pretty much any track I would find it hard to believe that anyone would complain that they dont have enough power, especially on dirt. Plus if the traction is super high you will just wheelie or flip over under full throttle unless you set your center diff up super loose so you just diff out and spin the front wheels like crazy. With none of my 4s powered vehicles have i ever thought that if i had more power that i could turn faster laps. It's really the other way around.
Excellent news, thank you. I’m gonna put my motor in it this week and get to playing around. It’s a 2050kv T8 motor from Tekin. I will run 4S packs as well. What pinion size to run? Any suggestions? I’m gonna grab 16, 17, and 18 tooth

I’m not an engineer by any means nor have I researched anything but my speculation is that the truggy motors are a bit bigger because they weigh more. The longer the can, the more torque there is due to the design of the motors which in turns provides more power to move a heavier RC. Or maybe I’m wrong. Plus the longer the can the cooler it will be all things considering.

I’m not an engineer by any means nor have I researched anything but my speculation is that the truggy motors are a bit bigger because they weigh more. The longer the can, the more torque there is due to the design of the motors which in turns provides more power to move a heavier RC. Or maybe I’m wrong. Plus the longer the can the cooler it will be all things considering.
As long as it won’t blow up, LOL
I’m gonna put 2.8 size Proline Badlands on it for now. I’m thinking with the bigger tires this might just work out ok. Otherwise, I’ll trade this motor off or use it as a back up for my truggy. For the spring I will get a motor built for a buggy on a track.

Mocked up the motor and ESCclast night. Looks like fit is not a problem.
A4E92E51-F1BE-45CE-A21C-63BC478AE518.jpeg

Recent Popular Liked

Back