• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Eb48.3 with 2.8’s!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VRC

Reaction score
Hello all in rc land:)
I’ve got a question about motor and tire size. I’m currently running standard buggy tires on my eb. I’m bashing mostly now and want to get some 2.8” ers. I’m running a Tekno rx8 gen 3 with t8 gen 1 2050kv 18t. The motor already gets hot, not exceedingly but it does get there. Will these bigger tires work this motor to hard if I run a16t? What set ups are you guys/gals running for these tires?

Thnx:)))

I’ve got a question about motor and tire size. I’m currently running standard buggy tires on my eb. I’m bashing mostly now and want to get some 2.8” ers. I’m running a Tekno rx8 gen 3 with t8 gen 1 2050kv 18t. The motor already gets hot, not exceedingly but it does get there. Will these bigger tires work this motor to hard if I run a16t? What set ups are you guys/gals running for these tires?

Your electronics can handle it so yes it will work. I myself run a motor fan on all my rigs just to be safe on those hot summer days ????

also I run a 15t pinion but that’s just me. on my MMX ESC and 1515 motor. And I am happy with it.

I would say just try and keep your tire choice on the light side. Some of the belted tires are getting very heavy

I know guys do it and I have as well but for me 6s is just crazy I think I have more fun at 4 s and it also helps with temperatures

Definitely save your motor and get a 16t pinion.

The 2.8 are great but might rub. You can get extended hexes to make it work. There are examples listed in this forum.

Reactions: VRC
Your electronics can handle it so yes it will work. I myself run a motor fan on all my rigs just to be safe on those hot summer days ????

also I run a 15t pinion but that’s just me. on my MMX ESC and 1515 motor. And I am happy with it.

I would say just try and keep your tire choice on the light side. Some of the belted tires are getting very heavy

I know guys do it and I have as well but for me 6s is just crazy I think I have more fun at 4 s and it also helps with temperatures
Thnx for reply...I would like to keep running on 4s to. It’s still really run and not to out of control. Although, with these 2.8’s 5 s might be a nice middle ground. Maybe later!

Definitely save your motor and get a 16t pinion.

The 2.8 are great but might rub. You can get extended hexes to make it work. There are examples listed in this forum.
Thnx...was wondering if you have an idea about hub extender? I looked and the ones people were using were the associated rc8t. They seem to be discontinued...

Thnx...was wondering if you have an idea about hub extender? I looked and the ones people were using were the associated rc8t. They seem to be discontinued...
I would bet something like this would work. But you may need to grind it to fit.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/263812743340

Recent Popular Liked

Back