• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

EB48 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBuggy

TF Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET410
  4. SCT410
It has been announced!

https://blog.teknorc.com/2020/02/01/new-eb48-2-0-1-8th-competition-electric-buggy-kit-from-tekno-rc/

EB4820_14.jpg

Dang, that is one really good looking buggy. Nicely done Tekno!

Looks like there is more room front of center diff for electronics. That would be awesome for sure.

Miss the very slim look of EB48.x though.

Looks like there is more room front of center diff for electronics. That would be awesome for sure.

Miss the very slim look of EB48.x though.

There is more space for electronics, I believe the product page will show various ESC installations.
did they eliminate the side straps on the battery tray?
The kit will arrive with a single 30mm wide strap for the length of the battery. There are side strap brackets (that also double as chassis braces) that allow an additional/optional single side strap.

There is more space for electronics, I believe the product page will show various ESC installations.

The kit will arrive with a single 30mm wide strap for the length of the battery. There are side strap brackets (that also double as chassis braces) that allow an additional/optional single side strap.

The product link isn't working on the Tekno site ATM. All the other links take you to the EB48.4. I would love to see some more pics!

The product link isn't working on the Tekno site ATM. All the other links take you to the EB48.4. I would love to see some more pics!
Monday morning when pre-orders are available the product page will be up.

LOL. Tekno site must have had a lot of traffic at 8am. I got home about 8:07, from daddy uber duties, and it took me quite some time for site to load. About 25 attempts to refresh/reload...finally got through.

Does the EB48 2.0 have the new double bearing center diff design from the NB48 2.0?

Looking at the respective manuals, this does not seem to be the case.

Does the EB48 2.0 have the new double bearing center diff design from the NB48 2.0?

Looking at the respective manuals, this does not seem to be the case.

It does not. Incorporating the double bearing in the EB would have limited gearing options and weakened the motor mount. Also, the main purpose of the double bearing was to improve the diffs consistency over long mains. Since electric races are 10 minutes max, it's not a feature that was needed.

All I can say is...WHOA! The key parts were "beefier" than I expected. I thought my RC8.2e was a tank. When I opened the bag containing the 2.0's arms, I was like, "Hell yeah!". They are considerably larger than my last buggy. The EB48 2.0 will surely surpass what I'm used to in the toughness department.

The build was great. I still got to finish up some small things like the wiring, and paint the body. I'm in no hurry, as the weather is not promising at the moment, or for the next week.

This buggy will be for bashing/track bashing purposes only. So please don't hate me for putting less than stellar gear in the buggy ?.
20200213_231955.jpg

20200216_110705.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back