• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48 2.0 EB48 2.0 updates worth an upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megafandrew

Reaction score
So I’ve read a lot of information here and looked over the new EB48 2.0 and I like the updates and changes overall. I’m a fan of the wider chassis and forward weight for balance, the updated diffs, 4mm chassis etc. Heck I even like the one strap for the battery.

For the people that have them already, or the ones thinking about getting the 2.0, would it be worth selling my 48.4 as a roller to get the new revised buggy? I’d keep the electronics and the tires most likely to swap into the new build. I was interested in building something before summers end and get some time with it late summer and fall before snow hits haha ??

I’ve never had a new release buggy kit I was late to the party with my .4 as I was spending a lot of time with my NB48.3 nitro buggy before that. So it would be nice to have current I guess. I’ve also got a Arrma Typhon 6S V4 I was thinking of selling. It’s a blast and built like a tank but it’s weight sometimes gets the best of it in crashes. Thanks for any ideas

Attachments

• 91E287DA-768D-48C0-9153-E0CFA81B27C5.jpeg
    91E287DA-768D-48C0-9153-E0CFA81B27C5.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 549
  • E65AE394-315B-4B55-B378-6FB5E1D1AD0D.jpeg
    E65AE394-315B-4B55-B378-6FB5E1D1AD0D.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 469
If you will be club racing, the difference is night and day, but if you are just bashing around then there is no need to junk the .4 as parts support should be around for quite some time, they are still supporting the .1 release for many parts that aren't forward compatible ;)

It is always a hassle to jump a generation, new spare parts, new everything... while I most likely believe the 2.0 is absolutely worth it, I will personally not be upgrading before the 2.1. ?

I have an EB48.2 SCTed, 2 x EB48.4 and ET48.3. Way too much parts compatibility to change anything to the line up.

I also believe that the new buggy while better planted will shine in most skilled hands, which is not my case.

I agree with Bill here...you won't have the true appreciation of the 2.0 if you are not running it on the track. I miss my .3 even though I love the 2.0.

They are all very good and capable cars!

If you will be club racing, the difference is night and day, but if you are just bashing around then there is no need to junk the .4 as parts support should be around for quite some time, they are still supporting the .1 release for many parts that aren't forward compatible ;)
Thanks Bill good to know. If I can keep parts coming then I do love my EB48.4. It’s set up just how I like. I might look into a single strap battery tray type setup for this .4. No club racing I only go occasionally and the .4 does very very well considering I’m a amateur when it comes to racing

It is always a hassle to jump a generation, new spare parts, new everything... while I most likely believe the 2.0 is absolutely worth it, I will personally not be upgrading before the 2.1. ?

I have an EB48.2 SCTed, 2 x EB48.4 and ET48.3. Way too much parts compatibility to change anything to the line up.

I also believe that the new buggy while better planted will shine in most skilled hands, which is not my case.
Haha mabey I’ll hold onto my .4 for a little while then. I would like to get a ET48.3 but I think the new 2.0 of that must be coming soon. I am definitely not skilled hands haha I can drive without crashing most days though ?. Thanks for the input

I agree with Bill here...you won't have the true appreciation of the 2.0 if you are not running it on the track. I miss my .3 even though I love the 2.0.

They are all very good and capable cars!
Yes only a track day here and there it’s mostly my do all bash buggy as it’s so reliable and strong. And drives great. I think the 2.0 can wait for another time! I’ll hold onto the .4. I’m after a ET48.3 anyways more so, but might have to go with a 2.0 if that’s Tekno future plans. Thanks for the input! It’s safe to say I’ll keep it for the next while. I just got in some +2mm wheel hubs from Tekno so I’m excited to throw those on there for a slightly wider stance.

I bought a 48.4 kit 18 months ago and only have maybe 10 or 12 packs through it at my local track, still looks 95% new and i recently picked up the 2.0 kit to compare and having only done a handfull of laps with it so far, i can tell its going to be much different as far as setups and handling so im sure some people will love it right away and others may not be a fan right away untill they can tune it or adjust driving styles somewhat to see lap times drop. Just the layout and changes to the chassis alone was good enough reason for me to add one to the always growing collection of Tekno rigs. Back when I ordered the EB.4, I also picked up the SCT410.3 and ET48.3 kits with Tekin RX8 gen 3 combos, and loved all of them so much that this past winter I wanted to get some 1/10 rigs so I picked up the EB410.2, then I went with TLR for tge 22 5.0 Elite, 22x4, 22T 4.0 and the SCTE 3.0 to compare with the SCT410.3. Then last week my LHS had some ET410.2's which had long been the Tekno I was planning on getting when I got the EB410.2 but the et's were gone by then. Now Im counting the days till the ET48 2.0 comes out in the next few months if what I heard was true. My ET48.3 is easily the funnest all around Tekno Ive got because its awesome on track, bashing or any other type of running, but have yet to run the 410.2. ..

Recent Popular Liked

Back