• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

EB48 2.0 - Too Soft in Rear on Stock Setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtJumper805

Reaction score
Hi guys - first time poster here, as I've just recently built up an EB48 2.0. This is my first 1/8-scale after driving/racing 1/10 for years and years.

I'm running a box stock setup and it seems that the rear suspension is overly soft. I haven't been to the track yet, but I am already dragging the rear of the chassis on simple driveway curb jumps at pretty low speeds (i.e. accelerating on the "up" ramp of the outer edge of a driveway). Hitting small speed bumps at anything more than 1/4 throttle results in major chassis slap on takeoff as well.

Based on this, I'm not sure how the stock rear setup is anywhere near supportive enough to handle actual 1/8-scale size track jumps (and I'd consider my local track a "large" outdoor track), and hitting things at much higher speeds.

Ride height is slightly above the stock recommended levels (by 1 - 2mm front and rear) as well. Has anyone else experienced this with the stock setup? If so, what rear springs/pistons, or other changes did you go with to alleviate?

So you're complaining about the setup on asphalt and haven't even tested it on dirt?

I recommend getting a 2.0 setup from one of the local fast guys at your club... if you're the only one with a 2.0, then I have several varying level of setups here to consider:
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/build-review-eb48-2-0.1864/

Note that my "Easy to drive" setup from last month is what I'm still running and it works great for both low to high grip conditions, all I change are tires.

Hi Bill - thanks for the quick reply. To be clear, it's less of a complaint and more of a surprise than anything, as I've never had a single one of my 1/10 cars and trucks bottom so easily in the rear (regardless of surface) on a box stock setup, and I'll date myself by saying I jumped into the hobby way back when the original RC10T came out.

Being on asphalt for some test runs versus dirt has nothing to do with it in my opinion, as track jump faces are far steeper than anything I've hit so far in the street.

Unfortunately there isn't much of a club to speak of these days at my track, but I'll take a look at your setup. Was just hoping to get any opinions from those who have left their setups close to, or completely box stock to see if anyones experience was similar and either found it to work just fine, or if changes would be needed immediately.

Hi Bill - thanks for the quick reply. To be clear, it's less of a complaint and more of a surprise than anything, as I've never had a single one of my 1/10 cars and trucks bottom so easily in the rear (regardless of surface) on a box stock setup, and I'll date myself by saying I jumped into the hobby way back when the original RC10T came out.

Being on asphalt for some test runs versus dirt has nothing to do with it in my opinion, as track jump faces are far steeper than anything I've hit so far in the street.

Unfortunately there isn't much of a club to speak of these days at my track, but I'll take a look at your setup. Was just hoping to get any opinions from those who have left their setups close to, or completely box stock to see if anyones experience was similar and either found it to work just fine, or if changes would be needed immediately.
Hi,

Box stock is regarded as being a firm suspension setup. If you look at most pro setups, they are softer than stock.

Maybe worth rebuilding your rear shocks?

That’s good information to know regarding stock being considered stiff. Exactly the type of info I was seeking actually. Thanks Nicochau! Perhaps a shock rebuild is in order just to double check.

Recent Popular Liked

Back