• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

EB48 2.0 or ET 410 2.0 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack the Tripper

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
  2. MT410
  3. NB-48
  4. DB48
That is the question. Im starting to get the itch for a new build, and those are the contenders. A 1/8 ebuggy has been on my list for long and the et410 seems really cool for a custom cage build .
Recomendations and opinions welcomed

Last edited:
Buggies rock and the EB48 2.0 more than anything else. You wont be disappointed, huge progress over the .4 in speed and ease of use.

Can’t tell about the ET410 but I’ve heard only good things about it. Honestly, you may be targeting the two best trucks in the lineup. Can’t go wrong with either one of them.

Thanks for your feedback @Nicochau !! I would say Im leaning just a bit more towards the eb as a matter of fact. It seems that ebuggy is spot on.
Indeed both of those models do. If I move forward, will probably be selling one of my rigs to make the change. Just gathering courage still and trying to decide between those two.

Thanks for your feedback @Nicochau !! I would say Im leaning just a bit more towards the eb as a matter of fact. It seems that ebuggy is spot on.
Indeed both of those models do. If I move forward, will probably be selling one of my rigs to make the change. Just gathering courage still and trying to decide between those two.
What do you want to do with this build is what you should be asking.

do you want a
track racer / park basher / desert racer / land speed record machine

The 2.0 is the best in its class stock and can be just about whatever you can dream up on the custom side

Yes maybe that’s a better way to go about it. I would like for it to be most of those things just in different order, more like desert racer/ park basher and track racer. Not as interested in making it a speeder. I mainly bash and most of the terrain I run on is sand, dry rocky dirt and grass. Just wish I had tracks closer to my area, I would club race way more, the closest track I have is about a 2hr ride.
So may be a multi-terrain capable basher/racer...

Hands down the ET is the way to go in my opinion

longer arms / longe me wheel base will make it more stable and more versatile

Thanks for your feedback @MAVERICK !! Hard to pick one between those two. I agree the shorter wheelbase and wider track would make for a more stable platform.
Pros for getting the et is that I already have a decent esc & motor combo, at least to get started (3300kv reedy), and a new set of mounted tires. So I could be rtr faster and with a bit less of an Initial investment. That’s something for sure .
Pros of getting an eb is that having only 1/8 Teknos on my fleet I have a ton of hardware and replacement parts . Don’t know how much compatibility, if any, there is between both scales.

Nonetheless, if comparing the ability to go over rough terrain between both; would it be fair to say the eb would have an edge over the et given the difference in scale and possibly a bit more clearance ?
From my experience, the closest thing I have to a 1/8 buggy is the losi ten scbe which I believe is nearly identical to the old losi 8ight 3.0 and that thing really goes . My only experience with true 1/10 is my TA rc10b64 and I absolutely love that rig, possibly one of the most precise handling rc I own but I cannot say It can go over the same terrains. It is definitely not a basher, but it is a swiss army knife on parking lots.
I guess the question would be, are a 1/10 truggy and buggy comparable in size and capabilities?

You are thinking ET48 2.0, right?
Sorry may bad

yes I was comparing the ET and EB 48 2.0

I was not making any 1/10 scale comparisons

1/10 and 1/8 are apples and oranges

crawlers are my only 1/10 scale
all racers and bashers are 1/8 I think they are more versatile and do not bake as ofern

I don’t have any desire to go back to 1/10 after the switch to 1/8 scale.

so my new opinion for you would to go with the EB48 2.0 out of the 2 choices

Sorry for the confusion

Sorry may bad

yes I was comparing the ET and EB 48 2.0

I was not making any 1/10 scale comparisons

1/10 and 1/8 are apples and oranges

crawlers are my only 1/10 scale
all racers and bashers are 1/8 I think they are more versatile and do not bake as ofern

I don’t have any desire to go back to 1/10 after the switch to 1/8 scale.

so my new opinion for you would to go with the EB48 2.0 out of the 2 choices

Sorry for the confusion
100%

1/10th = indoors, more delicate race-tuned machines
  • electronics are pushed hard to get almost the same level of speed as 1/8th. Which results in endless overheating, reliance on fans that can go out easily and become a major point of failure.
  • 2s batteries are stressed non-stop to the point where you either have to go for very high-end stuff or replace them frequently.
  • 3s and everything falls a part

1/8th = outdoors, bashable rigs
  • My 4s batteries are cheaper than my 2s used to be. The higher voltage allows for way less stress on the packs and my low end 4s packs run almost as fast as my more high end stuff.
  • No fans on motors if geared appropriately
  • super strong drivelines out of the box
  • Not to mention the weight of the 1/8 makes for more stable and versatile rigs.

Buggies rock and the EB48 2.0 more than anything else. You wont be disappointed, huge progress over the .4 in speed and ease of use.

Can’t tell about the ET410 but I’ve heard only good things about it. Honestly, you may be targeting the two best trucks in the lineup. Can’t go wrong with either one of them.
I would suggest the et410.2 since all of the parts from the eb410.2 are interchangeable and also the only difference if the arm length, wheel size and ride higher witch is easily adjustable. with new springs it’s even better but not a must have to drive on carpet

Thanks all for the feedback!!
@Nicochau that was a very accurate and helpful comparison between 1/10 & 1/8 scales, thanks.
Indeed I feel the eb48 would suite me better considering the use I intend to give to it.
The et410 is still a killer rig and would love to have one but given that I mostly bash outdoors I think the eb will better keep up with the rest of my fleet and driving style. If I had track’s closer by, It would definitely weigh in more the decision towards the et.
As always will take it slowly but hope to start a new Tekno build some time this year.
In the meantime I’ll keep enjoying the current fleet. Been giving the ole nb48.3 a lot of use lately, getting that sucker pretty dialed in.
Best to all and happy bashing ✊🏽⚡

Last edited:
I have both and they are so opposite in size, speed, power etc that it really depends on what you think youll like more. I have several 1/8 e-buggies and that are super fun on the track or just flying around the house. When I got my EB48 2.0 I set it up for mostly track use with a 1900kv setup, and set my older EB48.4 up for high speed runs with a 2650kv Tekin setup. With a 25t pinion, foam tires and 4s it does 75+ all day and on 6s its right about 100. The ET410 2.0 is super fun in smaller areas and on 1/10 tracks, but because of the 1/10 electrics and 2s battery it doesnt compare to 1/8 speed and power.

Recent Popular Liked

Back