• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

EB410 tweaks and mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBuggy

TF Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET410
  4. SCT410
Well I figured I would start a thread based on the different tweaks/mods people have done to their EB410's to get them were they are now. I am not referring to upgrades but small things that you have noticed that make a difference in durability or handling that you did.

Ones I have done.

Simple mods/tweaks for function/durabilty;
  • Adding 2mm spacers where the rear shocks mount to the arms. This pushes them out just a touch so the springs don't contact the rear drive shafts.
  • to shed weight I found plastic nuts to retain the wing mount screws, servo arm ball stud and rear braces.
  • use the side fan mount and some heat shrink tubing to secure the antenna down inside the body.
  • diff shims to bump out hub bearings to take out any slop (if any).
  • using TLR 3.5mm shock limiters as apposed to the MIP shock cartridge set. You can accomplish the same thing by simply putting a thin washer between the x-rings.
To add to trial mods/tweaks:
  • when using 2mm diff riser in combination with the upper hole on the Exotek rear hubs the stock drive shafts will fall out when the suspension drops. I fixed this by slightly filing down the ball end of some HB 73mm driveshafts. This actually works great! I just didn't need this extreme of a setting for my driving/track. So I went back to no shim. I did this when playing with setups and experimenting with their affects.
Lets collaborate everyones ideas, trials, successes and failures on tweaks/mods people have done to get these buggies just were you want them!!

C'mon I know I am not the only one tinkering around with the car! No one has anything to add really???

Even, adding O-rings behind the drive shafts in the outdrives...thats another mod/tweak I am talking about. Just little things that help dial the car in is we are after here in this thread.

OK how about mounting the rear shocks, forward facing? Does anyone have some tips there?
Personally I am not after this one anymore...tried it and went back, but I know some people are liking it and this is a good thread to post tips or how too's.

I know RCSS just released a tower specific for that mod.

As far as tweaks Ive only done a few things. I used smaller outer diameter washers on the servo screws. The kit screws got into my driveshaft a tad.

I also ran my shock collars all the way up and took some nail polish and made a line. This way when adjusting ride height I could do it evenly on both sides by simply counting the times around. (i.e 10 turns on left so 10 on right)

I forgot about those washers. I heard that when running a LP servo that those washers can rub the center shaft. That being said I forgot I had filed down the washers on the other side of the servo because they stick out and would rub on the body.

I like the shock collar idea!

I would also add the aluminum shock caps... the plastic ones are kinda flimsy and a pain, I had no personal fails with them but i saw a couple pop on others mid race.

Bezerk TV have a carbon fiber sway bar mount and a rear tower for shocks forward also a few guys in Melbourne have done it I will soon.

Also 1 of the guys at my club placed washers under the steering linkage balls to add some bump steer.

Recent Popular Liked

Back