• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.4 Does anyone feel the need (and managed to fit) a fan on the motor in their buggy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamiyauberalles

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
I tried running a SkyRC Toro motor and after 10min it was too hot to touch. There's no air flow and no space in the EB48.4.
I've made a vent above the motor and switeched to a truggy motor to help but it's still not exactly as cool to the touch as it is in my other cars running a simple fan ziptied to the motor.

Has anyone solved this another way? I was thinking an air intake in the front (I'd use mosquito net to keep debris out), or a fan, but I'm not sur I'd be able to fit anything under the body.

I run SMC 1900kv with Mamba X, GRP 1/8 GT tires (shorter than normal buggy), 17t pinion on 4s and it is remarkably low temp (100 - 115F). No need for fans for sure.

I could easily have a bigger pinion, but then it is too much speed for what I want (parking lot racing with friends).

I have a fan on 48.4 wtf 40mm with a exotek fan mount. Unfortunately I do not run it al that much so can’t tell you anything about temps but it’s on there pretty good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 425
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 463
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 493
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 654
I haxe run 1900 kv hw a2250kv hw both xeruns and the 2250 is the 4274 can and currently experimenting with a power hobby 2600kv with no temps being high enough for concern.

At which temp would you be concerned enough to add a heatsink/fan (on a 1900kv motor for instance)?

Also, do you have a thermometer you would recommend?

Last edited:
I tried running a SkyRC Toro motor and after 10min it was too hot to touch. There's no air flow and no space in the EB48.4.
I've made a vent above the motor and switeched to a truggy motor to help but it's still not exactly as cool to the touch as it is in my other cars running a simple fan ziptied to the motor.

Has anyone solved this another way? I was thinking an air intake in the front (I'd use mosquito net to keep debris out), or a fan, but I'm not sur I'd be able to fit anything under the body.
Was it their sct550?

I run a max8 on 6s with 16t on my eb48.4 and 2.8 badlands for bashing. Gets very hot very fast.
Added a 40mm high speed fan on a exotek fan mount (like dave above), also did cut the windows free on the body and added stainless mesh as a protection against dirt.
The mods dropped the temps alot.

Recent Popular Liked

Back