• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

DIY Widened Chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Romaine839

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
  2. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
I hate how narrow the chassis' are on these kits, so I took a piece of 1/8" aluminum plate, a dremel tool, a drill, an m4 tap and a countersink drill bit, and this is what I came up with. Now, the esc isn't jammed in against the motor, and I have room for a 4082 or 4092 can in the future. Plus, the battery straps are no longer rubbing on the center drive shaft. Haven't had a chance to run it yet to see how the weight is balanced due to turkey day and a lot of rain, but I don't see that being a problem as I only shifted the battery tray over by about 18mm. chassis1.jpgchassis3.jpgchassis5.jpgchassis4.jpg

Do you already have a body in mind that will work with your mod?
Hopefully that doesn't throw the balance to far out moving things further out from the center. Everything being so centralized is a big part of why Teknos are so nimble, its easier to rotate and maneuver when the weight is closer to the center.

Last edited:
Do you already have a body in mind that will work with your mod?
Hopefully that doesn't through the balance to far out moving things further out from the center. Everything being so centralized is a big part of why Teknos are so nimble, its easier to rotate and maneuver when the weight is closer to the center.

I'm using the same body I had on it before. Pro-line '72 C-10. Clears pretty easily considering the unmodified chassis is so narrow. I will see how it balances out on some big jumps this weekend. If it handles horribly, I can always put it back to original set up.

Attachments

• c10.jpg
    c10.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 420
I'm using the same body I had on it before. Pro-line '72 C-10. Clears pretty easily considering the unmodified chassis is so narrow. I will see how it balances out on some big jumps this weekend. If it handles horribly, I can always put it back to original set up.

Nice, I am definitely interested to hear how it turns out.

Nice work! I definitely prefer the traditional setup you've got now. Anyone stuffing a bigger motor in faces this problem immediately that's for sure. My esc sits sideways to fit the 1717. To let you know, m2c racing will supposedly be releasing a wide chassis "soon", you can find the pics for the ET version out there...

Nice work! I definitely prefer the traditional setup you've got now. Anyone stuffing a bigger motor in faces this problem immediately that's for sure. My esc sits sideways to fit the 1717. To let you know, m2c racing will supposedly be releasing a wide chassis "soon", you can find the pics for the ET version out there...
Yep! @Overkill has been testing it out. It looks awesome. Waiting to order one myself.

Nice mod you made their! Let us know how it handles!!

Yep! @Overkill has been testing it out. It looks awesome. Waiting to order one myself.

Nice mod you made their! Let us know how it handles!!

Thanks, unfortunately more rain here in N Florida this weekend and 3 sick kids hasn't allowed me a chance to run it yet. I will let y’all know how it turns out.

Finally had a chance to test this out. I took it to a track and I’m pleased to say it performed great, and didn’t feel any different in the air or handling around turns, etc. This seems to be a good (and cheap) option if you don’t mind a little fab work, but I too am eagerly awaiting for those m2c widened chassis’ to be released!

Recent Popular Liked

Back