• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Diveing in !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic01

Reaction score
Hi guys n gals , new to this place , but I've been in this addiction for 30 years and have decided to dive into a tekno eb40 build , I will be adding the nessasary upgrades as I go but I've seen some early recommendations on here that seem to make a lot of sense , so I will be getting those right away , still have a lot of decisions to make so I was hopeing to find some folks here that would like to ride along , those who have been to where I'm heading , all suggestions and tips is very appreciated , another thing ,I've been in this hobby for so long most of my exsperiance is with nitro , but I'm slowly adapting to the battery world of things so , treat me as a beginner I geuss ???

@Relic01 welcome to TeknoForums. Looking forward to seeing your Tekno EB410 build soon.

Need some pointers here , everybody just goes with Tekin , set up or what ?

I have been leaning towards Hobbywing lately. But if you are running 13.5 stock class then you may want a lite weight Tekin ESC.

Diving in is the best way to swim.... What do you plan on doing with your build?
There is a wide range of intelligence on this site. I'd say build the kit per the instructions and if you have race specific conditions in mind, reach out to members who tune for same re: diff fluid tx/rx settings etc.
Or you can hang in the nosebleed section with me and the other MT410 knuckledraggers and talk about how to knock a tree over with you thoudand dollar RC car. Build it, break it, fix it, repeat.

Cheers!
ps, to answer your question, from a strictly bashing/ worm-burning aspect, I like my HobbyWing Xerun 4274 motor/ ESC combo... 4s lipo is my daily battery but 6s can be happily tolerated with this setup. I recently bought a Spektrum srs6000 receiver (not a big fan of spektrum but I already had the transmitter) and the AVC tech is crazy on a basher running 6s 120c lipo... wheels stay locked on target.. does't help at 20 feet in the air but it's great for lining up a jump on rough terrain. Talk ot someone else about diff oil... I own silly putty

Last edited:
I already have a spectrum transmitter also , look into that receiver for sure , I'm also a basher pretty much also , but I will be going to the track almost daily with this rig , I usually go to the park with my vekta 5 and some Traxxas jumping cars and my home made jumps and have a blast , but I'm getting into raceing just for fun , I hear there's fun with n loosing too , so it fits my plan

So ( THE BOX ) arrives wendsday , you guys who have done this build , my question is ,, what will I need to get that goes in as I build , like this chassis brace ? , Chassis plates ,? ,And the chassis protector , does it have to go on before driveing in bunch of screws in the bottom , can't wait to get started but it wood be great to be prepaired asmuch as possible , thanx soooo much for all your comments guys , really !

Well I just keep studying , here's another thot ,does this thing come with a spur gear ? If so what size ? I figger that's could be a hitch is n my get a long

Now that I've started going through the well labled bag system ,I totally agree with the , build it , then upgrade it , so far this is pretty simple stuff , it's hard to stop going , pretty cool project , so anyways , I geuss I'll stick to the usaul ? build it then tear it down , jeee ! Did that before !!! Weeeeeee !!

Well I just keep studying , here's another thot ,does this thing come with a spur gear ? If so what size ? I figger that's could be a hitch is n my get a long

I looked in the manual, and there is a note next to where the instructions are for installing the motor indicating the part numbers for Tekno spur gears you can use. I don't believe there is one included, however.

As to the size, that's not something I can answer as I haven't run mine yet, and even at that I'm not using the same sort of motor/ESC combo that most use. I'd guess a 15-18 tooth to start with and adjust based on your driving style along with potential environmental issues such as ESC/motor temps. Might want to buy a few different spur gears. Sounds like you have several vehicles already -- you might have MOD1 spur gears that will work.

Now that I've started going through the well labled bag system ,I totally agree with the , build it , then upgrade it , so far this is pretty simple stuff , it's hard to stop going , pretty cool project , so anyways , I geuss I'll stick to the usaul ? build it then tear it down , jeee ! Did that before !!! Weeeeeee !!

Some upgrades I purchased arrived after I had already built the assembly for the original components I was going to replace, and had moved on to the next several steps. Some I had and didn't bother to install. I have upgrade A through D blocks, steering components, shock towers and perhaps a few other components that I'll get around to eventually.

I received a box from wirecare.com with conduit, sleeving and some other stuff for dealing with the wiring for lights and a FPV camera on my MT410. Should help corral that mess into something that looks good and won't be exposed to damage. I have an idea where I'll be running most of the wiring in a conduit that is mounted on the center braces in the center of the truck over the center driveshafts/CD. Just need to take some time and get started on it.

Spur is included, pinion is not. mod1 pinion will not work, it needs to be 48pitch.
Stock build is actually great and most extra parts are not completely needed, although nice to have. The rear outer hinge pin is one thing that tends to be an achilles heal for this car if you don't replace them for some capture pines with a nut. The other big one that I recommend is the servo arm, get an aluminum one. Doesn't have to be the Tekno one but the plastic ones wont last. Aluminum shock caps are a nice touch but completely needed.

Other than that just like you said upgrade stuff as it wears out or breaks.

@devnull he is building an EB410, very different from the MT410.

Recent Popular Liked

Back