• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Dirt Nitro Challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigslim

Reaction score
Not sure if y'all got a chance to watch any of the coverage but damn Live RC did a dope job on filming and commentating. Bravo to them and The Dirt crew for a great race. Thats not why I started this post but had to say something.

So on to the point, why was there no SCT classes?

Maybe I spoke to soon? Only 5 minuets of the Buggy A Main on the replay? I couldn't watch live as I had to go to work, I hope they coverage of the rest of the race.

SCT is the red headed step child of the industry, ha!

I personally blame ROAR for restricting the class to 2S LiPo which severely limits performance and run time. If they were to open the class up to 4S, then they could run equal length mains with the other 1/8 electrics. I believe SCT is less popular because they typically run shorter mains where the longer the main the more popular the class.

In our area, the 1/10 program runs all classes to have equal length mains regardless and guess what, 4WD SCT is one of the most popular classes in that program, go figure???

SCT is the red headed step child of the industry, ha!

I personally blame ROAR for restricting the class to 2S LiPo which severely limits performance and run time. If they were to open the class up to 4S, then they could run equal length mains with the other 1/8 electrics. I believe SCT is less popular because they typically run shorter mains where the longer the main the more popular the class.

In our area, the 1/10 program runs all classes to have equal length mains regardless and guess what, 4WD SCT is one of the most popular classes in that program, go figure???

Copy that. We only have 1/10 2wd and 4wd rally and sct "off road" classes at my local track as well as some on road stuff.My LHS sets the track up in the parking lot and there's just not enough room for anything bigger than 1/10 on 2s. I wonder if the ROAR restrictions come from situations like that?

Thanks for the video links.

Recent Popular Liked

Back