• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Differential oil brands & where to get

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chevys10zr2003

Lifetime Premium!
Supporting Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
  2. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
I am looking into getting more differential oils. I want to try a bunch of different weights as well as stock up. I have always used Associated differential oils and have never had a problem with them. The only issue is that a lot of the oils seem to be out of stock everywhere I have looked or they want, in my opinion, outrageous amounts of money for them. Like Amain is out of Associated 200k ($8.99 for 59ml) but they have Kyosho 200k ($17.99 for 40ml). I guess I am just wondering what brand differential oils everybody is running and where they get them from. I am thinking that my best bet is going to be back-ordering them with Tower or Amain and wait but figured I would check with everybody here.

Thank you very much @Billl DeLong. After reading about those oils from you and a few others, I am actually going to be switching all of my shocks over to PT oils when I rebuild them. Unfortunately the highest differential oil I could find from them was 30,000, and I normally use between 10,000 and 500,000.

For the center diff, I do like to go up to around 120K for my cars on high traction turf, but I've been using a bottle of OFNA fluid that is about 5 years old... I think OFNA shut down about 2 years ago :(

Maybe try Mugen?
http://dirtcheaprc.com/shop/mugen-s...ential-oil-fluid-50000-50k-weight-50ml-1-7oz/
Awesome. I might have to give them a try. They are a little more money for a little less product than the Associated oils, but unless I want to wait they might be my best bet.
I still use Associated for the heavy weight stuff on the center diff. For the real heavy weight Gravity RC

http://www.teamgravityrc.com/HEAVY-WEIGHT-SILICONE-c15430084
Yeah I normally use Associated as well but a lot of the oils that I want are out of stock pretty much everywhere, even on Associated's website they are out of stock of most of their differential oils. That's why I was hoping to get some other leads for differential oil brands and where to get them online for a decent price. I'm thinking that I will either have to back order or give the little bit more expensive Mugen oils a try.

kyosho has the high weight oils as well
I saw that the Kyosho oils were in stock but they are $18 for 40ml which I personally think is a little outrageous for differential oil for what I do. It might be worth it for racing but I don't do any racing. Thanks for the response though!

Reactions: Hye

Recent Popular Liked

Back