• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Diff tips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keoni068

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Any tips or advice on the quickest way to get the front and rear diffs out to add some oil? What parts absolutely have to be removed and what can stay?

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys!

Any tips or advice on the quickest way to get the front and rear diffs out to add some oil? What parts absolutely have to be removed and what can stay?

Thanks in advance!
So you have to remove the two 40mm screws and the two top screws holding the diff together. I also remove the two small screws hold the small plate containing the sway bar. Then you can fanagle the diff cover off and pull the diff out.

I like to loosen the screws that are at the ends of the sway bar instead of taking the sway bar plate/cover off. Seems a touch easier for me when leaving the bar attached to the diff cover.

How long does this take? Curious
not long. I can pull the diffs out in less then a minute if I’m using my drill. Longer if by hand since the two bottom screws are 40 mm in length.

The only issue I had originally was getting the shins in correctly. But I have since notched the rim in the two sides of the diff case where they set in making it far easier to set them in place and close the diff case up.

not long. I can pull the diffs out in less then a minute if I’m using my drill. Longer if by hand since the two bottom screws are 40 mm in length.

The only issue I had originally was getting the shins in correctly. But I have since notched the rim in the two sides of the diff case where they set in making it far easier to set them in place and close the diff case up.

Ha! That is not bad at all! I thought it was a 5+ minute process each end the way people are posting.

Do you use these for shimming?
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJJYL&P=ML
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGTBG

Recent Popular Liked

Back