• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Diff question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coopsonthefarm

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Love my Mt410! So I’m a little baffled, and hopefully you guys can help. I dove hard and heavy into this hobby about a year and 1/2 ago and have purchased 3 or for Arrmas before building my first kit, the mt410. It whent great but made one little/big mistake. I did not put lock tight on the grub screws that holds the center drive shafts to the front and rear input gear ??‍♂️. So of course when I started running the drive shaft cups slid and the imput gear had to much play and the gears would slip under heavy acceleration. I identified the problem quickly and corrected the issue. I inspected my imput gears and diffs expecting to find them stripped or extremely warn. To my surprise all looked good. After all was inspected and reassembled properly things seemed good. I was running backflip tiers 16t pinion and 6s. I noticed under heavy exceleration I was hearing the gears skipping again. Not every time just here and there under heavy load. I inspected the diffs again and found nothing. I then turned down my punch level from 9 to 5, put lighter truggy tiers on and run 4s. The gear skipping has stopped and runs flawlessly at this set up regardless of how hard I drive it. I would love to run heavier tiers and 6s it in future. Has anyone had this issue? Is there issues with “flex” under hard load? Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you've pulled the pinion gears out and inspected them and there's no damage, I would also inspect the gearbox, specifically in the plastic divider section in between the 2 pinion gear bearings. This area can be damaged when stuff like that happens. There's no reason for them to make noise unless something is damaged.

If you've pulled the pinion gears out and inspected them and there's no damage, I would also inspect the gearbox, specifically in the plastic divider section in between the 2 pinion gear bearings. This area can be damaged when stuff like that happens. There's no reason for them to make noise unless something is damaged.
Thanks!I did not look at the gear box but will now ?

What motor are you running? I had a problem that I thought was gear slipping but turned out to be the motor. I had a hobbystar 4074 at the time. I went though all the diffs and input gears and could not find any probmes. Swapped out to a Hobbywing Xerun and the problem disappeared.

Recent Popular Liked

Back