• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Diff maintenance this weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CracklierFiber0

Reaction score
I'm doing diff maintenance this weekend and was thinking of going with different diff fluids this time around. I drive all surfaces, such as 1-2 in long grass to gravel to skate parks. Would keeping stock weight fluid or go with something heavier for all around bashing be better. I also run on 4S.

It's personal preference. Going thicker in the front and rear will tend to increase on power steering where thinner fluids would have greater off power steering. Going thicker in the center will tend to shift front to rear power balance more to the rear. This might get you easier to maintain wheelies for example. A thinner center would tend to diff out to the front as the front wheels come off the ground. Power going to the side with the least amount of traction so loosing drive in the rear allowing the front to settle back down. Many RTR's are set up thin in the center for this reason but might tend to blow the tires off the wheels as it makes pizza cutters.

Recent Popular Liked

Back