• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

DB48 DB48 It has begun!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately I've heard many of the U4 guys are steering clear of Tekin and going Holmes, Castle, or HW because of heat issues and difficulty with the setup. Something along the lines of proper throttle frequency in the ESC to get it setup properly, but I'm a bit unsure on the specifics and have zero knowledge of Tekin setups. I was going to run Holmes in mine, but went with my tried and true HW combo and am quite pleased.
I’ll look into those. Is the castle a direct fit? I wouldn’t mind a water proof system.

Disappointed with m2c.

After I just received my m2c parts, people posted that there is a week spot on the chassis brace. I believe m2c said they will replace that which is nice.
36AFF072-6A40-4EEF-A27F-FE58DF8F74C7.jpeg

Here is another issue that I just figured out. During my build I noticed the center diff would rub somewhere I couldn’t see. I spent a few hours and just couldn’t figure it out. Took things apart, put them back together, tightened, loosened... I finally gave up thinking it’s a warped spur. I took the center diff from my MT and dropped it in my DB and It fixed the problem. Everything rotated smoothly. My MT diff spur is the lightened steel one. At this point I still thought the issue was the plastic one not being straight.

Today I was on amain ordering a new rotor for my tekin motor and I noticed there was a new review on the m2c chassis. It was a 1 star review which I found interesting since I haven’t seen anything bad about the chassis. It mentions how his spur gear rubbed on his chassis and he had to round down his spur to make it work. I of course jumped over to mine to see if that’s the issue. It sure is.

This is the steel spur and you can see that the thinner diameter allows plenty of clearance from the chassis.
C5B56184-D005-45AC-8957-CA587CC119CC.jpeg

This is the stock spur. It rubs more than the picture shows because, the plastic spur has a small wobble due to the fact they can’t mold the plastic one to perfection.
EF44974B-4810-44D2-A797-A56B095B2BA7.jpeg

Last edited:
Hmm. I didn't notice that on mine. I'll have to check closer now. Looking at the pics it seems that the plastic spur is a bit thicker than the steel as well. Since you have them both out, maybe get a measurement on the thickness of each spur. I'd be interested to know if nothing else.

I’ll look into those. Is the castle a direct fit? I wouldn’t mind a water proof system.

Castle is a direct fit. I was thinking a Holmes Trailmaster ESC with the Puller Pro 3500KV motor in mine for 3S before deciding on the HW combo. They make other KV options as well if you were committed to running 4S. I just really don't think an 8th scale system is completely necessary in this rig, but I guess it all depends on your intentions with it. Chainsaw is probably running around doing standing backflips with his:LOL:

I am going to redo the fender panels. They were close enough for now.
I originally thought I wanted the cage to sit lower. Then I realized that the cage would bottom out before chassis. In the near future I will make the front posts more like the rear. At the moment I just want to drive it.

Shoot. Id be really happy with those panels. Very nice work. They are a PITA but worth it int he end. Plus you have lots of places for stickers.(y)(y)

Castle is a direct fit. I was thinking a Holmes Trailmaster ESC with the Puller Pro 3500KV motor in mine for 3S before deciding on the HW combo. They make other KV options as well if you were committed to running 4S. I just really don't think an 8th scale system is completely necessary in this rig, but I guess it all depends on your intentions with it. Chainsaw is probably running around doing standing backflips with his:LOL:
If the castle 1515 will drop in I’m going to put an order on it. I like the fact that I will be able to bash or race with it. Racing with my DB will be very limited since the nearest u4rc track is an hour and a half away. I also like that I can use the castle 1515 on my outcast if desired.

The steel spur is 2/3 the thickness of the stock one. I’ll post a pic with measurements tomorrow.

Last edited:
Shoot. Id be really happy with those panels. Very nice work. They are a PITA but worth it int he end. Plus you have lots of places for stickers.(y)(y)
Thanks! I’m happy with it too. There is going to be a very big turn out at my local track this Saturday. Looking forward to showing it off lol

http://www.castlecreations.com/crawlermode they have a rock racer mode.

Last edited:
That m2c center brace is less than great. There is also a big gap between the brace and the center mount that puts the impact on the bolt. Hopefully the revision is better. Check the thread
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/m2c-center-chassis-brace-broken-at-center-diff.359/page-2

Not sure if m2c is even aware of that huge gap.

That chassis spur rubbing issue is weird. Pauly let us know how yours fits...

Thank you very much for sharing that with me. I had not seen the gap.
I saw in that thread, you said you reached out to amain? What did they say? I have to look up where I ordered my parts. It’s either from amain or m2c directly.

Last edited:
I hadn't contacted them about that gap, I returned mine just due to the poor fitment. Supposedly there is a revision coming soon, if both the hole alignment and gap are addressed I would feel comfortable giving it another try.

I hadn't contacted them about that gap, I returned mine just due to the poor fitment. Supposedly there is a revision coming soon, if both the hole alignment and gap are addressed I would feel comfortable giving it another try.
Agreed, if they fix the issues and replace mine I will also give them another try.

Hey,
Not A hijack since it is the issue being discussed.

I normally don't share PM or emails but this was as of last Wednesday.
image.png

i noticed the brace isn't even listed on the amain site any more.
I still wonder if they caught that big gap between the brace and motor mount ...

Hmm. I didn't notice that on mine. I'll have to check closer now. Looking at the pics it seems that the plastic spur is a bit thicker than the steel as well. Since you have them both out, maybe get a measurement on the thickness of each spur. I'd be interested to know if nothing else.
69D48070-3623-4B57-BB8D-A672BFA261AF.jpeg
7D672016-8EDE-45A3-884B-A9319DAA6090.jpeg

My calipers battery is dead so this is the best I can do for now.i should have rotated the pics lol

Recent Popular Liked

Back