• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

DB48 DB48 It has begun!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice build!
Thank you. It seems to still be a work in progress. Not a lot of info like on my 2wd buggy. No set up sheets and most people with these that are willing to share info are still in the trial and error phase. The guys that are racing don’t really get into detail about their setup. Still, my favorite rig at the moment. I’m glad I built it.

65C401CB-8BE6-4498-B993-4F1E5A625D27.jpeg

Took my DB to the local dirt track. I was going big on the doubles and hit a wall with the front right side. I just ordered the aluminum eb48 hinge blocks. At $45 bucks this was the best value I could find. https://www.dollarhobbyz.com/products/tekno-1-8-eb48-4-hinge-mount-blocks-inserts
Edit; D block in this kit is bigger. The rest seem good.

Last edited:
Yup that's the way to do it. They're typically $20ea give or take so that's pretty much half off.

The plastic "A" block is usually the first to go. In my experience its the only one that is necessary to replace. All of the others tend to hold up just fine. Have been running the plastic ones (except A block) going on two years and still going strong in my SCT. I bought the whole aluminum set for an awesome deal like you got when my A block broke. I had planned to install the others as needed. Still have the B, C and D aluminum blocks brand new sitting in my parts box. LOL!!

Last edited:
Yup that's the way to do it. They're typically $20ea give or take so that's pretty much half off.
The plastic "A" block is usually the first to go. In my experience its the only one that is necessary to replace. All of the others tend to hold up just fine. Have been running the plastic ones (except A block) going on two years and still going strong in my SCT. I bought the whole aluminum set for an awesome deal like you got when my A block broke. I had planned to install the others as needed. Still have the B, C and D aluminum blocks brand new sitting in my parts box. LOL!!
I really wish I had done the upgrade before taking it to that track. There was a guy there who was really doubtful the conversion would hold up since my base had started as a 1/10 sct. He had only vaguely heard of tekno and was a 1/8 losi buggy racer. As I was walking to my pit with my broken DB (walk of shame) he said “yeah, there is just to much weight on that rig for it not to break”. I had to much on my mind to address the statement and went back to my pit. I had my wife and kids there too. After my DB is back and running I’m taking it back to the track on race day when he will be there lol.

Last edited:
This is awesome and really peaks my interesting in this. I love these buggies but the other brands are just "eh" in my opinion. I purchased a yeti xl not to long ago only to find out that it had some many issues. I immediately returned it.

I just finished watching Rich at thercnetwork do his buggy he dubbed DB48 as well and seems so simple. I just have no idea how he eventually mounted the case to the chassis.

This is awesome and really peaks my interesting in this. I love these buggies but the other brands are just "eh" in my opinion. I purchased a yeti xl not to long ago only to find out that it had some many issues. I immediately returned it.

I just finished watching Rich at thercnetwork do his buggy he dubbed DB48 as well and seems so simple. I just have no idea how he eventually mounted the case to the chassis.
I have seen many options for the cage to mount. Pauly has a great one on his build thread. Mine will work just fine until the posts I ordered come in.

Recent Popular Liked

Back