• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Could I please get some advice before spending money which I have worked hard for!!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Some_Article

Reaction score
As this is my first post please accept any mistakes I've made in using the wrong forum etc to post my first question ;

I recently got back into Rc bashing after several years due to illness. Unfortunately I suffer from a muscle wasting disease and use a wheelchair to get around.

Having done hours of research I keep coming back to the Tekno brand. My dream rig / setup would be something that handles great on grass and gravel. I enjoy some speed runs along with just general bashing about, drifting a little etc.

I'm looking my next rig to be as tough as they come. I currently own the traxxas xmaxx which I really enjoy. I'm swerving towards a truggy or buggy design. Reason being I'm looking something that doesn't constantly wheelie and will be good fun.

Would you mind advising on which tekno models to consider? Thankfully budget isn't an option and I would be prepared to spend whatever is needed to get a rig which will last me and hopefully not need repaired after every few runs!!! Lol

Thanks for having me onboard.

A

Buggy will be more durable than the Truggy simply because the shorter arms have less leverage to put stress and small wheels will put less force on moving parts. You also have a far wider range of tire selection with buggy... for speed runs I would recommend running Sweep EXP50 Belted Radials

Buggy will be more durable than the Truggy simply because the shorter arms have less leverage to put stress and small wheels will put less force on moving parts. You also have a far wider range of tire selection with buggy... for speed runs I would recommend running Sweep EXP50 Belted Radials

Which version are you referring too? Thank you

>handles great on grass and gravel

Buggies don't like grass. I'd go ET48 with big bumpers from Tbone or POS Racing.

I own both the EB48 and the ET48, if money is not a problem you will too. Lol.

The EB48 is amazingly precise, i have turned it into a street racer with stiffer springs. The soft compound used by most buggy tires does great on the dirty roads and parking lots, better than road specific tires I have tried. I also like it’s compact size and how fun it can be with all sorts of batteries. It is still an 1/8 rig and will rip on 4s.

The ET48 is a different rig, it is much larger. The taller wheels are better off road. I turned mine in a high speed off roader that flies over all sorts of terrain. That beast can jump too! I used m2c chassis and braces to create a very stiff yet nimble truggy. To your point, it does not wheelie like crazy and is a very stable rc. In term of speed and handling it should put the xmaxx to shame with half its batteries.
Bear in mind, this is still a large RC. Mine has a ton of traction and power and requires a lot of room to be fun.

Bottom line, your RC choice depends greatly on the playground you have available. Keep in mind those are both 1/8 rigs that need some space to be fun. But that shouldn’t be a problem if you are already able to run an xmaxx.

Note, i would not discard the SCT. I really like the scale looks and it could become a very fun drifter on gravel. (The buggy could too)

Btw, i bought both my rigs used from racers before rebuilding them and turning them into bashers. I don’t think a basher needs to be a “fresh” build and that’s a way to shave $250 to $300 from your total build cost.

There is also synergies in maintaining similar / same brand rigs even though they do not share the same parts (pins, consumables for diffs and shocks).

I would go with the ET48.3.

It's a hugely capable all-rounder and is also very durable as well as being very capable of handling a lot of power due to it's stability and smooth handling.

Take a look at some videos on YouTube of the ET48.3 especially Seth Holtz, his videos really show off the ET48.3!

Thank you everyone for all the helpful replies & YouTube recommendations it's greatly appreciated. I'm leaning towards the ET48.3. I'll keep you all updated...

Definitely go with the long wheelbase ET48.3 if you don't want wheelies.

Recent Popular Liked

Back