• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Converting eb48.2 to 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WootwootSr

Reaction score
Hi all, new to this forum looking for help with an old eb48.2 that I acquired a few months ago. I'm wanting to convert it to the newer 2.0 but I'm unsure what parts fit or another newer model, the .3 or .4. After comparing the manuals, it seems most parts aren't shared between the .2 and 2.0. The gears in the diffs, diff outdrives, bulkheads, hinge pin blocks, hinge pins, driveshafts, hubs, and probably other things. Gosh are listing all this, it seems like I'd be buying enough parts to be able to just buy a eb48 2.0 and keep this .2. Is it worth to just do that or convert to a .3 or .4 so it shares more parts with the mt410?

Correct, the 2.0 is a brand new platform so there is no other upgrade path than to buy a new kit.

The best thing to do with your .2 is to slap the MT410 body posts on it and run it with an SCT body. See my build:
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/my-non-conventional-raptor-basher-build.1565/

Any upgrade to .3 or .4 requires at least changing towers, arms, hubs and two shocks. Is it worth it? It all depends on what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks for the replies! Yeah it doesn't seem worth it to even upgrade to a .3 or .4. I'll run it the way it is and upgrade whatever breaks to .3 or .4. Way too deep of a hole in my wallet compared to buying another kit and having 2 cars instead of 1.

Recent Popular Liked

Back