• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Climbing the walls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a great truck. Are you racing or bashing?

You should pick an overall direction for your build.

1/ Basher = braces + larger basher tires

Braces: M2C has a full set of braces to stiffen the chassis, allows you to send it with a lot more air and protects the driveline from bending in case of bad landing. The con is that a stiffer RC won't handle as well and will loose traction on track. Braces also increase weight.

Tires: I recommend resisting the temptation of going too big on tires, they will ruin handling. Dboot Back-flips lp (4s version) are a great overall tire.

2/ Racer = stock + racing tires

I would start box stock for the settings. This kit is very high-end, doesn't need any upgrade beside the aluminum servo horn.

Tires are track specific.

I started bashing with kids and after multiple Traxxas bought a used Tekno just for the sake of trying something built better. Couldn't believe how much of an upgrade those kits are over an RTR. We now own 3 and mainly race with friends & family.

Definitely bashing and I'll definitely invest in some braces

Check out the thread in the ET section about replacement parts too. It’s very helpful. That being said, I have yet to use any of my replacement parts (knock on wood) outside of a spur gear that I stripped because I forgot to shake my thread lock before I applied it :)

My MT410 build is down to 3D printing a mount for a GPS receiver and a minor bit o' wiring work. And what have I been doing lately? Looking at ET48s on eBay. I've maintained my willpower and steered clear of a impulse buy. There's one there with quite a collection of upgrades, spares and some M2C stuff, including the chassis.

But. I know there's a 2.0 version being released soon and am trying to be patient knowing that prices on the .3 will fall when that happens.

I also have an old Gorillamaxx E-Revo that I need to work on, so there's that. It isn't as if I don't have anything to do.

@Famous481 Has that ET48.3 been delivered yet? We need pictures!

My MT410 build is down to 3D printing a mount for a GPS receiver and a minor bit o' wiring work. And what have I been doing lately? Looking at ET48s on eBay. I've maintained my willpower and steered clear of a impulse buy. There's one there with quite a collection of upgrades, spares and some M2C stuff, including the chassis.

But. I know there's a 2.0 version being released soon and am trying to be patient knowing that prices on the .3 will fall when that happens.

I also have an old Gorillamaxx E-Revo that I need to work on, so there's that. It isn't as if I don't have anything to do.

@Famous481 Has that ET48.3 been delivered yet? We need pictures!
Nope. It's half way here. But parts are showing up as we speak. Got the BLX185 combo, the DS3235 servo (I've heard mixed emotions about this but well see what happens), tactic TTX 330 w/325 reciever. Should be assembling this time next week.

That DS3235 is darn cheap and has very decent specs...
It's cheap but spec it's comparable to high end brands. You'll get my thoughts about that and everything there after. The only thing I'm missing but not really is tires. I have a new set of katars, the stock tire for the talion. I think they'll work for now

Ha. I forgot. I blamed all my deliveries on my wife

Attachments

• 20191205_154504.jpg
    20191205_154504.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 192

Recent Popular Liked

Back