• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Cheapest route to a truggified buggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
Ok, so is everyone familiar with what Rich Duperbash did with the Typhon to truggify it? Basically, you take a Typhon and put Kraton arms, axles and hubs on it to get a low-slung and wide stable beast. I want to do the same with Tekno but what’s the best route there? I want to run MX2.8’s.

Do I take an EB48.3 and put ET arms, axles and hubs on it? I don’t think it will be that simple because I think I need towers and all that too right? Sounds expensive.

Do I take a MT410, remove the front and rear bumpers and slap a buggy body on it?

Or so I just take an EB and use the Associated hex extenders? This probably my least favorite option.

Which of these 3 configurations would be the widest? Which would be the best?

@Billl DeLong Im adding you to this because I know you know these rigs inside and out.

I am open to everyone’s ideas and input and not just Bills so please don’t hesitate to reply.

Thank you!

I have an ET already.

I want a SWB wide stance RC.

What’s the difference between the MT410 and EB48 in terms of stock cost? They are about $100 different.

Ok, so is everyone familiar with what Rich Duperbash did with the Typhon to truggify it? Basically, you take a Typhon and put Kraton arms, axles and hubs on it to get a low-slung and wide stable beast. I want to do the same with Tekno but what’s the best route there? I want to run MX2.8’s.

Do I take an EB48.3 and put ET arms, axles and hubs on it? I don’t think it will be that simple because I think I need towers and all that too right? Sounds expensive.

Do I take a MT410, remove the front and rear bumpers and slap a buggy body on it?

Or so I just take an EB and use the Associated hex extenders? This probably my least favorite option.

Which of these 3 configurations would be the widest? Which would be the best?

@Billl DeLong Im adding you to this because I know you know these rigs inside and out.

I am open to everyone’s ideas and input and not just Bills so please don’t hesitate to reply.

Thank you!

So do you want something longer and wider than a buggy? Or just wider? If you want to go just wider than you should just buy an MT410. If you want longer and wider, go with the ET48.3.

You can convert between them, but it's more cost-effective to just buy a used one of whatever you want. Just vet it out and make sure it's in good condition and that you can trust the seller. The Tekno buy/sell/trade facebook group has a tone of used ones popping up all the time. Or you can post here in classifieds.

The MT410 and the ET48.3 are similar widths. And EB48.x and MT410 are similar widths. See my screenshot below. Where I wrote "ACTUAL" for the ET48.3, those are numbers of my Truggy in its current configuration.

Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 9.51.34 AM.png

So do you want something longer and wider than a buggy? Or just wider? If you want to go just wider than you should just buy an MT410. If you want longer and wider, go with the ET48.3.

You can convert between them, but it's more cost-effective to just buy a used one of whatever you want. Just vet it out and make sure it's in good condition and that you can trust the seller. The Tekno buy/sell/trade facebook group has a tone of used ones popping up all the time. Or you can post here in classifieds.

The MT410 and the ET48.3 are similar widths. And EB48.x and MT410 are similar widths. See my screenshot below. Where I wrote "ACTUAL" for the ET48.3, those are numbers of my Truggy in its current configuration.

View attachment 3586

I think I’ve narrowed it down. I currently have a truggy (long wheelbase) covered with my ET so I think I’m going with a buggy to have 2 different driving rigs. The question is however whether or not will be a Tekno or Arrma. I’ve also contemplated using the money to just build my ET all the way out with M2C braces, diff cups and the aluminum diff cases @Overkill used in his buggy.

Think I’m going to do the buggy route in the end though. If I do that then I’m thinking I will buy a Max6 and put that in my ET and move my MMX to the buggy. I’m not on facebook so I will have to keep my eyes on classifieds here.

I think I’ve narrowed it down. I currently have a truggy (long wheelbase) covered with my ET so I think I’m going with a buggy to have 2 different driving rigs. The question is however whether or not will be a Tekno or Arrma. I’ve also contemplated using the money to just build my ET all the way out with M2C braces, diff cups and the aluminum diff cases @Overkill used in his buggy.

Think I’m going to do the buggy route in the end though. If I do that then I’m thinking I will buy a Max6 and put that in my ET and move my MMX to the buggy. I’m not on facebook so I will have to keep my eyes on classifieds here.
It's worth making a facebook just for their trading group. There are so many used Tekno RCs being posted every single day. Sometimes 5 or 10 a day. With this many being listed, you can wait for the right one rather than just settling with the first on you've seen. Just make a facebook for your dog lol. That's what I did.

With the expected EB48 2.0, the EB48.4 are already starting to sell and they go for cheap.

I see people put more money in used RTRs than what they would need to get a used buggy...

Recent Popular Liked

Back