• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

chassis skin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAVERICK

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
have spent most of my r/c life in bashers and crawler. just got my first buggy built (eb48.4) and I an new to the race buggy side of things. wanted to try and keep the chassis clean due to my track is outdoor and I have heard that outdoor tracks can take a beating to the chassis. so I was looking for some input on brands of chassis skins that hold up and also do to it is a fresh build I know my set up will need to be adj. and not having access to screws will suck. or do you drill out all the screw holes. any help is nice or a point in the right direction

I personally feel that chassis protectors are more trouble than they are worth. Though I do like to put them on to dress up a chassis before selling a car like this:
How To Make Custom Chassis Protector

The whole point of a chassis protector is to prevent the screw heads of filling with dirt, so you don't want to expose the heads... generally you can replace most brands of protectors 2-3 times before the adhesive wears out, but the amount of time spent peeling the protector versus picking the dirt out of the screw heads is a wash. The cost for replacement chassis protectors versus a brand new chassis plate is probably a wash if you wanted to have a fresh looking chassis when you get ready to sell.... or simply install a fresh chassis protector when you sell.... many ways to skin the cat unless you like having pretty artwork... I've seen some really nice custom protectors done and some questionable one's printed with nudity that aren't going to be appreciated by any parents with young kids marshaling those cars.

10-4 thanks for the info

Yeah I found that out quick chassis protector on then snapped front upper chassis brace in bulkhead lol now have to pull skin off damnit $9 gone

Thanks nicochau

that is more of what I was looking for

I like the idea of were they say it’s like the bottom of a snowboard and not just a sticker

I peel them back and replace several times during a skins life. For me it makes a huge difference on the wearing of the chassis based on the track surface I drive on.

If you are more interested in getting precut chassis skins https://www.stickersmakeyoufaster.com is a great place to get skins of all shapes and colors. They have 12 or 18 mil thickness. I always get the 18 mil for outdoors and 12 for indoors and they hold up really well in my experience.

Also you can just cut around the screws if you have to make repairs to parts that have the screws covered by the skin. This way you are peeling it back on re-sticking as much, but either/both ways work IME.

Recent Popular Liked

Back