• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Chang pinion size or battery size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAVERICK

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
So I just got my fresh build (Eb48.4) out on the track today for its maiden run And she is great.

I am running a mamba X ESC /Tekin T8 1900kv motor with 18T pinion.

On 4s the gearing was a little tall was in the bottom of the throttle all the time. Then I put in a 3s and the buggy as really in the sweet spot for my driving skill level and track

So do I drop to a 17 or 16 T pinion or just run 3s. This is a track only rig and I do not race it just for fun. I know 4s is what is intended on using but like I said I am not a competitive racer

motor temp 145 degrees and ESC 125 degrees with both set ups. I am new to the buggy side of stuff and this is really were I am out of my element

I run my .4 with Mamba X and SMC 1900kv motor on 4s with 17t pinion.

I find it just a bit tall for my usage and temps can go in the 155F, which is the limit of my acceptability range. Considering going 16t.

I second Bill’s comment and would add that a lower grade 4s will be cheaper and perform better than a high end 3s.

Finally, stopped using 3s on the (slow) track because of the lack of air control. The 4s higher voltage will give you that extra kick you need to correct course in the air. I found myself do a few really bad landings on 3s due to lack of tire speed and decided it was not worth it.

Thanks for the info. Just order another 4s pack and a 16t pinion.
Hopefully this will fix all my rough landing issues now that I have the proper wheel speed. HA HA

Recent Popular Liked

Back