• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Centre diff spur side bearing play.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skynet5

Reaction score
I've noticed some bearing play left to right on the spur side.

Bearing is regularly replaced or cleaned, never had one seize on me there.

It seems there is some play in the cage that is formed by the alum block and the plastic housing. Anyone else experienced this, or could check for me on their model?

Attachments

• received_277207440945119.jpeg
    received_277207440945119.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 149
I had same problem use some 8 by 10 by.02 shims behind each bearing and that will take care of it.
image.jpg
Um in the process of building my 4th 2.0 and I learned after the second to shim the center diff before I fill it with fluid. Make sure shim both sides if you put to much shim on one side or the other outdrive will rub the bearing and cause heat.

I had same problem use some 8 by 10 by.02 shims behind each bearing and that will take care of it. View attachment 7743Um in the process of building my 4th 2.0 and I learned after the second to shim the center diff before I fill it with fluid. Make sure shim both sides if you put to much shim on one side or the other outdrive will rub the bearing and cause heat.
This is not related to the reply…

But I just love seeing the 4x4 in the background of the pic. I think we all have a handful of them at the r/c work bench 🤪

This is not related to the reply…

But I just love seeing the 4x4 in the background of the pic. I think we all have a handful of them at the r/c work bench 🤪
They work for me everyone one of my rc’s is sitting on a block. But what you couldn’t see sitting on that block is going to be quite right.
image.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back