• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48 2.0 Center Diff Protective Cover Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyUs

Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET410
  3. SCT410
If I had a 3D printer, I know the first thing I'd attempt at making would be some sort of protective shield/cover for the center diff. I've searched for anyone that has a cover made for the 2.0, and came up with nothing. Until then, I'll continue to run my lightened (sarcasm) center diff as is, or, at least, until I get my new spares in the mail...
20200607_100150.jpg
20200609_173119.jpg
20200609_173018.jpg

Is the damage to the center diff case caused by rocks? What is getting caught in there?

I don't have 3d design skills so on other vehicles I've used kydex, which is easy to melt with a heatgun, to form shields. You can get a surprisingly good outcome with a small rectangle of kydex, melted into shape, and trimmed a bit.

Of course a 3d printed part would be superior in most cases.

Me personally, I would find an aluminum/steel center diff case that fits. If you try to cover it up and a rock finds a way in, it will never come out. Plus I don't like covering up the whole center diff/spur either, I want to be able to see it and/or feel the mesh.

I built my own... Lot's of design and mill time. Works like a charm though! :)

Attachments

• 21-MT410CustChassisBrace:GearBoxA.jpg
    21-MT410CustChassisBrace:GearBoxA.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 174

Recent Popular Liked

Back