• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

cdaxj's ET410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdaxj

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET410
My first Tekno arrived under the tree on Christmas morning. I got started right away, and it took me about 2-3 days to finish the build, and then another couple days to finish the body. I'm still in the painting process at the moment, but the truck is otherwise finished. I'll post some pics.

IMG_2453.jpg IMG_5239.jpg

For electronics, I am running the following:

- Servo: ECO Power 110T
- ESC: Castle Sidewinder 4
- Motor: Castle 1406-5700kv
- Rx/Tx: Futaba 3PV with R203GF

I also have the Proline 2.8 Trenchers, and currently have the RR 21t pinion. I have a couple other pinions on order, so I'll try out a few different combos. This one seems to be doing fine for the moment, but I'm interested to see the differences with the others.

IMG_7501.jpg

Please forgive my wiring :). This motor/ESC combo came prewired, and I was using it in my ECX Ruckus (waaaayy over powered for that truck), so I wanted to get it in the ET410 and test it out before I made any changes. My soldering skills leave much to be desired. I'll get the wires shortened and re-soldered, either doing it myself and settling for it looking like crap, or taking it to my LHS and letting the guy up there do a much better job.

My paint scheme is White and Silver, with a small amount of black accent. The body is not looking exactly the way I had planned or imagined, but it looks decent - especially for my first multi-colored paint job. The only other body I've painted before was for my Ruckus and I did it all black. Plus, on that one I forgot to do the window masks, so I'm already +1 on this one

It is looking really good! How do you like it?

Love it! I've only run one pack through it, and just out in the street in front of my house. But man it handles like a dream. I haven't driven it with the body on it yet, as I'm still letting it cure. I'll run it with the body tomorrow some.

I'll run a few packs through it this weekend, and then next week possibly rebuild the diffs and add a few extra parts I got for it (aluminum shock caps, CF shock towers and CF motor brace/fan mount).

Man I slammed the Truggy just about full speed into a curb. Kinda lost control of it for a second, and snapped the pin that connects the left front arm to the body. Nothing else broke. I ordered a new set, but in the meantime fashioned a temporary replacement pin out of something I found at Lowe’s. So, back running again! Freakin love this thing.

Please do share some vids if you can.

E6EE8C82-8D76-43BE-BDEB-AA39D1CCAEE5.jpeg

I added the carbon fiber shock towers, aluminum shock caps and front shock cap guards. I also rebuilt all four shocks in the process.

Not that I was going for it, but I reduced a slight amount of weight in doing these upgrades. I went from 4.797 to 4.780.

Before:
7D5B74D5-02BB-4977-A43E-0521061B4369.jpeg

After:
8CA853B5-3F6E-4549-BE24-5B034C9C1165.jpeg

I’m still waiting on my new front hinge pins to arrive. The make shift pins I did lasted a bit, but I bent about three of them so now I’m just waiting for the real thing.

By the way, I don’t think I mentioned before, I compared a couple different batteries:

Protek 120c LiHv 5800mah
Gens Ace 60c Lipo 5000mah
Gens Ace 60c Lipo 4600mah

The LiHv 120c has a significant power boost. It’s almost like a different truck completely. I was pretty surprised by the difference. The battery was literally double the price of the other two, but probably worth it :)

View attachment 1948

I added the carbon fiber shock towers, aluminum shock caps and front shock cap guards. I also rebuilt all four shocks in the process.

Not that I was going for it, but I reduced a slight amount of weight in doing these upgrades. I went from 4.797 to 4.780.

Before:
View attachment 1949

After:
View attachment 1950

I’m still waiting on my new front hinge pins to arrive. The make shift pins I did lasted a bit, but I bent about three of them so now I’m just waiting for the real thing.

By the way, I don’t think I mentioned before, I compared a couple different batteries:

Protek 120c LiHv 5800mah
Gens Ace 60c Lipo 5000mah
Gens Ace 60c Lipo 4600mah

The LiHv 120c has a significant power boost. It’s almost like a different truck completely. I was pretty surprised by the difference. The battery was literally double the price of the other two, but probably worth it :)
The protek lihv batteries are awesome, especially for racing. For bashing, lihv lipos aren’t necessary unless you really want them

Truck looks awesome! Any reason why you went with the carbon towers? Just curious.

Aluminum shocks caps are a definitely plus.

It’s coming together quite nicely!!

Truck looks awesome! Any reason why you went with the carbon towers? Just curious.

Mostly I figured they be more durable than the stock plastic. That and it just gave me chance to take some of it apart and put it back together again

Recent Popular Liked

Back