• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Carbon fiber driveshaft sc410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeknoCarbon

Reaction score
Sc410 carbon fiber driveshaft

5mm OD. 3mm ID. Dragon fiber carbon, Just fabbed it up the other day, gonna do some testing on a 6s setup. Used the same epoxy they use on automotive carbon fiber shafts. Epoxy is good for 1200hp. As for weight I'll weigh it tommarow at work compared to the aluminum tekno shaft and post the difference.

If testing goes well on 6s I will make 20 more.
More carbon fiber parts being made as we speak.
Chassis
A-Arms
Battery mounts
Skid plates
Center diff carriers
Motor mount
Upper steering brace

Looks good, are you able to make the front kickup in the chassis? What about the battery tray area?

Looks good, are you able to make the front kickup in the chassis? What about the battery tray area?
I can make the small wedge spacer to provide the correct angle like the factory chassis. But I run mine flat with another rear diff case in the front. I'm running this as a dirt modified on a clay oval. Ran flat front last season and luv the way it negotiates the corner entry. And as for the battery tray this is a mirror copy out of carbon fiber, so both battery tray and electronics tray still go on. Sorry not fully assembled in the pic.

Huh. I was toying with something similar in concept for a build I'm working on where I haven't found a 8mm x 162mm dogbone I need. Bought some 6mm OD x 4mm ID carbon fiber tubing, 3M DP420 epoxy adhesive and cut the ends off an HPI dog bone. There's some space (about a half millimeter) between the OD of the dog bone shaft and ID of the tube, so I should be able to get plenty of glue in the gap.

I'm still trying to figure out how to center the dog bone ends in the tube while the glue is drying. I've thought about wrapping a single strand of wire around the dog bone. I'll think of something. Will get around to finishing it in the not too distant future.

Last edited:
Huh. I was toying with something similar in concept for a build I'm working on where I haven't found a 8mm x 162mm dogbone I need. Bought some 6mm OD x 4mm ID carbon fiber tubing, 3M DP420 epoxy adhesive and cut the ends off an HPI dog bone. There's some space (about a half millimeter) between the OD of the dog bone shaft and ID of the tube, so I should be able to get plenty of glue in the gap.

View attachment 2415

I'm still trying to figure out how to center the dog bone ends in the tube while the glue is drying. I've thought about wrapping a single strand of wire around the dog bone. I'll think of something. Will get around to finishing it in the not too distant future.
If you watch how carbon fiber driveshaft for cars are built it's not about the amount of epoxy you can get in there, it's about the amount of press you can get on the piece that you are pushing into the carbon fiber tube. I was able to achieve a half a thousandth press.

Oh my gosh thats a LOT of beautiful carbon fiber! I need to get a truck first, but then I'll immediately start switching parts to CF! Insane!

Recent Popular Liked

Back