• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Car conversion.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shultz2

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Has anyone converted the sct410.3 into a street car? If so what shock towers are said people using???? I think that’s all I would need to do it.

I have not seen that done at all. It I would assume something along the lines of AE TC car towers and shocks. At least the size anyways. As far as what brand...no clue. I’m guessing there will have to be some heavy modifications made or someone out there gracious enough to fabricate something which wouldn’t be a stretch nowadays.

I have not seen that done at all. It I would assume something along the lines of AE TC car towers and shocks. At least the size anyways. As far as what brand...no clue. I’m guessing there will have to be some heavy modifications made or someone out there gracious enough to fabricate something which wouldn’t be a stretch nowadays.
I have no idea of what may or may not be an easy adaption. Like if I could make fit serpent stuff or kyosho towers? Shocks are no biggie. I have those already

Its basically is an 1/8 vehicle so I assume you are talking about making it a 1/8 scale on road TC?

If you are determined and have plenty of spending cash I am sure you could make it happen.

Using something like this https://www.amainhobbies.com/xray-gtxe-1-8-gt-electric-onroad-touring-car-kit-xra350600/p724850 as inspiration, makes it look pretty feasible to me. One thing to look into, that I am not sure of, is the wheel base dimensions. Would they be the same and does it matter? Are you are trying to make it to specs or just for fun?

Finding some shorter towers that fit would be ideal and probably some shorter shocks as well. Slap some street tires on it and you are almost there.

Most 325mm bodies from DeltaplastikUSA will work with the standard shock towers:
https://deltaplastikusa.com/8th-scale/325mm-rally

Here is a conversion I did with an Associated RC8 buggy many years ago, which uses roughly the same size shock towers as the SCT410:

I actually started with these racing colors with my on-road classes, then over time I slowly migrated toward the off-road classes too and kept the same theme, folks always know who I am on the track :)

7521482002_4cb03ec1c6_b.jpg

From left to right in pic:
Associated SC18
Associated 12r5
Nanda NRX-10
Associated RC8

Most 325mm bodies from DeltaplastikUSA will work with the standard shock towers:
https://deltaplastikusa.com/8th-scale/325mm-rally

Here is a conversion I did with an Associated RC8 buggy many years ago, which uses roughly the same size shock towers as the SCT410:
That’s the thing, the most part.....going to be making a special body so I will need lower towers, that’s why I was asking if someone has something that can be made to work.......

Its basically is an 1/8 vehicle so I assume you are talking about making it a 1/8 scale on road TC?

If you are determined and have plenty of spending cash I am sure you could make it happen.

Also looked into the Xray and from what I’ve turned up it doesn’t appear to be the best for the money so I’ll avoid that.

Using something like this https://www.amainhobbies.com/xray-gtxe-1-8-gt-electric-onroad-touring-car-kit-xra350600/p724850 as inspiration, makes it look pretty feasible to me. One thing to look into, that I am not sure of, is the wheel base dimensions. Would they be the same and does it matter? Are you are trying to make it to specs or just for fun?

Finding some shorter towers that fit would be ideal and probably some shorter shocks as well. Slap some street tires on it and you are almost there.
For fun mainly but doing a project with my brother. And we’re going after the 325mm wb since it appears to be the most popular.

I doubt anyone makes custom shock towers for Tekno that reduce height like that. If you're good with working with your hands than I'd recommend buying some carbon fiber and cutting your own. If you're good at CAD, I would be willing to help you mill a custom tower with my CNC. You can download a free copy of CamBam to design your part and I'll charge $20 for my time to set to the mill paths using your drawing specs + cost for material and shipping back to you... I can cut a sample on scrap wood if you'd like to test fit the tower before I cut the final piece on carbon fiber.

Before you design your tower, I would look into getting shorter front shocks like those from any GT8 kit mentioned and then you can figure out what the height needs to be based on the max travel length:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/mugen-seiki-16mm-front-rear-shock-set-2-muge2541/p448858

If you're not good with CAD and need me to design something, then I'll charge $10/hr for me to come up with the geometry provided you give me the new specs for length of shocks from eyelet to eyelet. Based on past experience, I would estimate 3-4 hours to design a new tower.

It's not gonna be cheap (nor easy) to do this conversion, but you've got some options. Plan to spend close to $250 by the time this project is done.

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back