• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Buy MT410 now, or wait for MT410 "2.0" (i.e. a version based on EB/ET48 2.0)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadfpv

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum, but made an account here in hopes of picking your collective brain before I go ahead and buy an MT410.

I've been looking for a reliable 1/8 scale monster truck that I can build as a kit (i.e. not RTR), and this one fits the bill perfectly. I also realize it is largely based on the EB/ET48 -- both of which are or soon will be on the new 2.0 platform. So naturally I'm curious whether there might be an MT410 based on this 2.0 platform in the near future, and as a result, whether that means I should wait to buy an MT410. My concern is primarily about continued parts availability, not any new features/design elements from the new platform. I'm not in a big hurry to build one right now, but at the same time, wouldn't mind starting the build soon.

For those of you more familiar with Tekno: What would you do?

Thanks! Really appreciate any input.

I just went through the same mental process before getting my mt two weeks ago. Comparing the manuals for the eb48.3 and the eb48 2.0 gave me a better understanding of what changes are probably coming.

I don’t see much difference in the diffs or shocks. The chassis is wider which should flex less. The battery strap system is a bit more robust looking and the esc tray looks nicer.

I’m not sure about the hinge pin inserts on the outer ends of the a-arms and the uprights. I can see how it would be nice to just replace inserts when they get sloppy but I wonder if the solid arms will that the has now are stronger in the long run.

in the end I decided if the MT 2.0 hits and is that much better I can always sell my current MT as a roller and offset a good chunk of the upgrade cost.

I came to the conclusion that, it is honestly not really worth waiting and I really don’t see an mt410 2.0 coming out. as far as a 2.0 goes for the guys that race, it’s makes complete sense to get a new model of a car that is intended for its specific use. The current mt410 has so much aftermarket support and can be made into a complete bash ready monster. The need to upgrade to a mt410 2.0 just wouldn’t make sense in a bashers point of view. This is all assuming they would base the mt410 2.0 on the eb/et platform still, now if they went out of there way to make the mt410 platform completely it’s own setting than that’s a different story!

My personal guess is the new MT is probably at least 12 months down the road. Tekno’s CEO made it clear they were in the racing business first. That means releasing the ET48 2.0, then the NT. It is likely that at this stage they also revisit the SCT (getting old too) before they get a new MT out.

That is without considering a pause with 1/8 scale developments and giving the 1/10 some attention.

The other problem with picking up a new platform is that your up for another few months before you get aftermarket support, which isn’t critical for a racer but is really nice to have for a basher looking at customizing with some m2c or t-bone stuff.

Now the real problem is long term support. I just can’t see Tekno letting the thousands of MT kits sold out there (and their owners) bashing like crazy with no support. They have started to discontinue parts for EB48 OG and .2 because there is an upgrade path. In the case of the MT (which should be stamped 410.3), the support is likely to be pursued for many years.

This may be just some wishful thinking 🤨, but in Tekno I trust. 🤓

I just went through the same mental process before getting my mt two weeks ago. Comparing the manuals for the eb48.3 and the eb48 2.0 gave me a better understanding of what changes are probably coming.

I don’t see much difference in the diffs or shocks. The chassis is wider which should flex less. The battery strap system is a bit more robust looking and the esc tray looks nicer.

I’m not sure about the hinge pin inserts on the outer ends of the a-arms and the uprights. I can see how it would be nice to just replace inserts when they get sloppy but I wonder if the solid arms will that the has now are stronger in the long run.

in the end I decided if the MT 2.0 hits and is that much better I can always sell my current MT as a roller and offset a good chunk of the upgrade cost.
Some 2.0 features would certainly be nice on the MT, like a bit more room for electronics. But I don’t see a hurry for Tekno to update a highly successful platform that is likely to still be selling like crazy for a while.

I also don’t fully grasp the advantages in tunability the 2.0 platform would bring to a very solid and proven basher. Not sure I would even bother with the upgrade if I were them. I would just let the current platform be for as long as people buy the product.

On the other hand, i can see home made MTs be built as soon as he ET 2.0 is released, since with both EB and ET you have all needed parts for such builds. Time will tell.

I say, pick up the mt410 kit and upgrade the piss out of it! My mt410 has seriously taken over my entire rc line up. I just can’t justify buying another basher for the simple fact that I know they won’t hold up to my expectations that the mt410 has set. The tunability, aftermarket support, and community that comes with the name Tekno is something you just cannot buy in other platforms... I don’t see another mt410 coming out anytime soon with the simple fact being, the mt410 can be the last BASHER rc you ever buy and you’d be plenty happy.

I say, pick up the mt410 kit and upgrade the piss out of it! My mt410 has seriously taken over my entire rc line up. I just can’t justify buying another basher for the simple fact that I know they won’t hold up to my expectations that the mt410 has set. The tunability, aftermarket support, and community that comes with the name Tekno is something you just cannot buy in other platforms... I don’t see another mt410 coming out anytime soon with the simple fact being, the mt410 can be the last BASHER rc you ever buy and you’d be plenty happy.
Exactly the way I feel about it too. My full lineup is Tekno and keeps going on and on... :cool:

I’m really glad to hear the mt410 is going to stay as is for a while, I currently have two mt410(one still in box) and one et48.3 so that means the et48.3 will also have parts support for a while in addition to the MT

Great news Matthew. Thanks for chiming in.

Thanks everyone for the helpful replies & perspective, I really appreciate it!!

I'm going to go ahead and purchase the MT410.

Thanks everyone for the helpful replies & perspective, I really appreciate it!!

I'm going to go ahead and purchase the MT410.
My man! You won’t be disappointed, be sure to check out one of the stickies on the top upgrades to get off the bat and some good future mods!

I have been toying the idea of picking up an MT410 and I am happy to have stumbled upon this thread. I am pretty new to RC, and have 2 other basher vehicles but I am looking for more in terms of quality in the parts, fitment and also some tuneability. Just for giggles, would it be terribly difficult to pickup an EB/ET 2.0 chassis and swap it onto the MT for the stronger chassis and room for activities?

My main reasoning for making an account was because I saw that a staff member of Tekno actually chimed in on a community post which is something I haven't seen in other forums. Very cool, and makes me want to buy a Tekno Mt410 even more. Glad to know there are no new models around the corner that I'd otherwise miss out on.

looking at the manuals it looks like the diff cases have a different mounting pattern so I don’t think it will work to put a 2.0 chassis under mt410 parts

I have been toying the idea of picking up an MT410 and I am happy to have stumbled upon this thread. I am pretty new to RC, and have 2 other basher vehicles but I am looking for more in terms of quality in the parts, fitment and also some tuneability. Just for giggles, would it be terribly difficult to pickup an EB/ET 2.0 chassis and swap it onto the MT for the stronger chassis and room for activities?

My main reasoning for making an account was because I saw that a staff member of Tekno actually chimed in on a community post which is something I haven't seen in other forums. Very cool, and makes me want to buy a Tekno Mt410 even more. Glad to know there are no new models around the corner that I'd otherwise miss out on.
It's basically not possible to mix and match the previous version of our car (.2, .3, .4) with the new 2.0 version. There's nothing compatible other than shocks and you could swap in a complete center diff.
If you're looking for a bigger chassis for our MT, I would suggest one of the M2C options.

It's basically not possible to mix and match the previous version of our car (.2, .3, .4) with the new 2.0 version. There's nothing compatible other than shocks and you could swap in a complete center diff.
If you're looking for a bigger chassis for our MT, I would suggest one of the M2C options.
how about a nitro MT410 for those of us who prefer engines to motors?

Use the nb48.3 chassis.
Shh. I'm trying to whisper sweet nothings into Tekno staff ears so they put all the parts needed in the box from the factory and save us nitro nuts several hundred dollars. One thing I REALLY loved about building my Kyosho Scorpion XXL; Kyosho included parts in the box to build it GP or EP so you could choose as you built. Or even swap it to and fro as whim takes ye. That's something it would behoove Tekno to do for platforms where GP and EP are similar enough(The scorp XXL uses the same chassis plate; the motor mount slides on the same four bolts the engine mounts do for setting gear mesh).

Awesome car, by the by.

While I dont have the MT myself, I have had the SCT410.3, EB48.4 and ET48.3 for 2.5 years, and also picked up the EB48 2.0 last summer as Ive been such a huge Tekno fan since I got the first 3. The best and biggest upgrades that I like on the 2.0 platform are the new battery strap and mount setup as wrll as how the arms now used steel bushings for the hinge pins which means no more reaming the arms which was the one thing I wasnt a fan of duringnthe build on the first 3 kits. It just seems much beefier. The wider chassis is nice as its a bit less cramped, but like others have probably mentioned its probably going to be a while if and when Tekno does release a 2.0 MT.

i agree with you

Recent Popular Liked

Back