• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Broke front drive shaft.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slogrits

Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
I broke the front drive shaft at the cv. Is this a common issue? I did lawn dart it on the right front wheel. My Kraton would have broke the front upper arm mount but not the cv joint.

The shaft itself, or the pin? They make a rebuild kit TKR5073.

I've also heard some people are running Arrma CV's as they are 5mm. No clue on what all is needed to make this happen though. @Overkill would probably know more about that.

The shaft itself, or the pin? They make a rebuild kit TKR5073.

I've also heard some people are running Arrma CV's as they are 5mm. No clue on what all is needed to make this happen though. @Overkill would probably know more about that.
I think this thread is the one that you are thinking of where Overkill talks about them and what is all needed. I've thought about doing this, but haven't had an issue yet.

https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/5mm-cvd-driveshafts-are-in.256/

Anything can break. ..but breaking driveshafts on these things will be few and far between. I broke 1 driveshaft so far out of my 3 Tekno trucks...and that’s after tons of abuse. I put some universals in my truggy....a bit thicker shaft, and the Uni joint is definitely stronger than a CVD joint.

I think this thread is the one that you are thinking of where Overkill talks about them and what is all needed. I've thought about doing this, but haven't had an issue yet.

https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/5mm-cvd-driveshafts-are-in.256/
Don’t rush into getting the arrma shafts. Overkill has been testing them and they’ve been popping out of the drive cups. Let him test them a bit longer and see if he can fix the issue. He just posted on FB a couple days ago that he’s having this issue. He’s trying to shim differently to get the bones to set deeper into the cup.

Don’t rush into getting the arrma shafts. Overkill has been testing them and they’ve been popping out of the drive cups. Let him test them a bit longer and see if he can fix the issue. He just posted on FB a couple days ago that he’s having this issue. He’s trying to shim differently to get the bones to set deeper into the cup.
That's good to know. Thanks for the heads up. I guess I didn't see anything on that thread about him having issues. I guess the worst case scenario would have been that I would have had a backup set of driveshafts for my Arrma Kraton, so it wouldn't have been a complete loss. LOL

It would be nice for all the Facebook groups to converge here instead. Everything is so disorganized on FB with 3 or 4 different groups, finding posts really becomes a task. You see what FB wants you to see, even when searching FB shows you nearly everything but what you are searching for lol.

I haven’t broken a shaft per se, but I have bent 2 of them so far on the track. This one is the worst one so far. Luckily the lhs at the track carries tekno parts so I was able to replace in the pits and get back out there. 50221BF0-4A2A-4778-82E1-0FE5EB8263DA.jpeg

I wish I took a photo, broke the end and TKR5073 cv in half. Looking at the universal drive shaft TKR5298. Sent broken pieces to Tekno.

My driveshafts in the front end keep popping out of their cups. I get 30 second runtime then pop it’s out. Anybody know what I don’t have shimmed correctly or what I am missing. I just started happening too. Put some road rages on that’s all I have changed!
TY fellows!

I haven’t broken a shaft per se, but I have bent 2 of them so far on the track. This one is the worst one so far. Luckily the lhs at the track carries tekno parts so I was able to replace in the pits and get back out there. View attachment 892

Ever tried to bend them back?

Recent Popular Liked

Back