• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Boycott Traxxas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly don't understand Traxxas owners, $200 Slash with $400 worth of aluminum parts... then they strap a 1/8 1515 castle motor on their Slash and complain about the transmission exploding. Traxxas plastic is part ABS, part peanut butter I think...

I honestly don't understand Traxxas owners, $200 Slash with $400 worth of aluminum parts... then they strap a 1/8 1515 castle motor on their Slash and complain about the transmission exploding. Traxxas plastic is part ABS, part peanut butter I think...
I defend Traxxas a little bit but have to admit there is a lot of truth in your statement lol.

Noobs... about best describes those people , fortunately their are upgrade paths fir the drive train too be able too handle 8th scale power plants in both the 2wd and 4wd slash

Has anyone else about had it with Traxxas and the patent trolling? They go around suing companies that compete against them and the RC hobby is already suffering enough, why hurt it even more?

Take for example the lawsuit against the arrma nero, because they had laydown shocks traxxas sues them. traxxas didn't even invent the lay down shock design, it's been in rc designs since at least the 80s - long before the revo came about. tamiya and schumacher and others had laydown shocks.

traxxas isn't exactly the golden child either, the guy from ultimate rc made called the chimera that used a short course frame with bigger tires and summit body. Years later traxxas releases the telluride - a nearly exact replica.

the t-maxx was great stuff when it was first released many many moons ago but since then i've been highly un-impressed with what traxxas has "produced" and their patent trolling is only adding to my dislike for them.

maybe it is time to boycott traxxas?

The Traxxas vs Hobbico lawsuit wasn't just about the suspension on the Nero. https://www.scribd.com/document/320063741/Traxxas-v-Hobbico-Amended-Complaint
  • Integrated Center Point Steering Mechanism for a Model Vehicle
  • Protective Enclosure for Model Vehicle
  • Vehicle Suspension for a Model Vehicle
  • Vehicle Mounted Coil Spring and Shock Assembly
  • Rotorcraft With Integrated Light Pipe Support Members

You forgot to mention the other rc companies they have or are suing. In no particular order.
HPI Racing - Protective Enclosure for Model Vehicle
Redcat Racing - Integrated Center Point Steering Mechanism For A Model Vehicle
Vatera - front suspension on the Twin Hammers - was settled out of court
Firelands Group(aka Helion) - Protective Enclosure for Model Vehicle and Rotorcraft With Integrated Light Pipe Support Members.

Then they try to sell it for $600.

Last edited:
Do you think Traxxass' bullying stems back to it's "childhood" , i.e., their 4wd Wildcat pulled from shelves because of being too much like Tamiya's Hot Shot? From what I read, the company, that made the platform for Traxxas, possibly got the knock on the door from lawyers about the mono front shock setup.

I might get lynched for this but I own a few Traxxas vehicles. I enjoy them for what they are, cheap thrashers that can be fixed the same day it's broken. I guess you could say I used to be a fan boy, still kinda am. I have 2 E-Revos, old and new, 4x4 slash (yup, countless amount of time and money to get ⅛ power to the wheels) and a rustler. It's nice to be able to hand that controller to some one inexperienced and not have a nervous break down worrying what they will run into. Business practices aside, I think Traxxas is a great way to get people exposed and involved (addicted) to the hobby. I still recommend the slash to people who want to get started in the hobby. Anyone who is going to become more than just a casual RCer will quickly learn where they want to end up. I know I did, as time went by and I got more and more into these big boy toys, I knew Traxxas was not the end game for me. I sold off some Traxxas cars to purchase my mt410 and feel no regrets. If nothing else, Traxxas is a good way to get people involved, maybe even passionate, in this amazing hobby we have that's full of great people who love helping fellow RCers. Except my E-Revos, I freaking love those things!

I might get lynched for this but I own a few Traxxas vehicles...
No lynching here. We're all here to enjoy the hobby. ;)

Business practices aside...
Putting business practices aside it basically putting this thread aside. I believe what @Escobear was most trying to highlight WAS their business practices, and not to debate if Traxxas RC's are durable or not.

No lynching here. We're all here to enjoy the hobby. ;)

Putting business practices aside it basically putting this thread aside. I believe what @Escobear was most trying to highlight WAS their business practices, and not to debate if Traxxas RC's are durable or not.
Might have been a bad phrase for what I was trying to communicate, despite of business practices it's an easy and fairly cheap way to introduce new people who may not know anything about the hobby. Add part availability and support in there and that's why I would recommend Traxxas to someone completely green. As for durability, only if you leave them stock and don't run the maximum voltage in a rig can they be considered durable. See I'm slowly becoming not a fan boy, haha!

Well this is interesting. I'm curious if there is more to the story, but Hobby Fever has closed because they sold to many Traxxas products?

https://hobbyfever.com/

Web archive version in case hobby fever does go away - https://web.archive.org/web/20190312223903/https://hobbyfever.com/

That makes no sense. Sounds like the Costco mentality.

Such a terrible company. I will never buy one of their products, not that I would anyways because most of them are junk. They only care about ONE thing, money.

I need to disagree to boycott traxxas, im not a traxxas fan boy, i love all rc's all brands, and every brand has its own model that i like....

but back on traxxas, now they developed trx4, in my opinion its a very very good model, even sport is good out of the box, trx4 rtr vs scx10 2, you know which is better, at least in my opinion, xmaxx its a cool truck (i woulnt buy it) but is something new
slash, they popularized that class but now is extremely outdated, i have it but i have it more than 7 years and im not gonna sell it because of sentimental value
summit, its very interesting machine, i converted it to LT just for fun becuase i always liked summit :) and it can compete with other scalers/crawlers

traxxas is brand for bashing and for having fun out of the box, its good for kids to enter this hobby you cant compare it to losi or tekno or associated

sue against arrma - its corporate stuff :D

Recent Popular Liked

Back