• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Bought used ET48 2.0, what to look out for

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrManiacal

Reaction score
Hey folks, new to Tekno. Bought a used ET48 2.0 (coming in tomorrow) and was wondering what I need to look out for. Looks fairly used, but in decent shape and clean. Not sure what points of maintenance to I need to do or part I may want to stock up on. Only upgrade parts I saw were aluminum c-hubs. I'm coming from Arrma, so not used to all of the adjustability options so any tips are welcome. I'm looking to lightly bash it and run it around a local track with hard-packed dirt/clay.

No electronics yet, but up for suggestions. I've seen folks recommend Castle for bashing, Tekin for racing. I'd like waterproof electronics though, since my son will be running it occasionally (he loves mud!)

I would rebuild the diffs with new fluid for sure. Other than that, I think you might want to look for any wear on the moving parts and see if it is sloppy. I also like to replace any screws on the bottom that are worn out. Look for missing screws all over and make sure you add them back.

Any thoughts on suggested weights in the diffs? I see folks suggesting different weights than the setup in the manual

Buying used can be misleading in a sense that if you’re doing things right, you’re dismantling, cleaning and rebuilding it. It’s more work than building a new kit.

Rebuilding shocks and diffs is a must IMO. Changing all bearings likely a very good idea since you can assume there is already some mileage on them.

If you’re bashing and ripping around with it, you may want to seriously up the diff fluid weight. Less diff slip helps protect diffs against overheating.

Thanks for the tips. Going to fully tear down and rebuild (love wrenching). I’m going to toss a firma 150 and no-name motor for the time being until I decide, but probably going with a castle system. Any thoughts on parts I should keep in stock? Never had a Truggy before, but I’m assuming shock towers and arms due to the nature of the body style, anything else I should pack in my bags?

I wouldn't do much for spares and just get what you need as you need it. It never fails for me that what I get for spares I never need and have ended up with a hobby shops worth of parts. The more Tekno kits I've done the fewer spares I get. Maybe get a set of inner hinge pins and a pack of the bushings for them. Bearings. The thin larger diameter inner wheel bearing can tend to fail. TKRBB15214 I'd get some 8x16x5 also for the diffs. This is a pack of 10 for 12 bones

https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek-rc-8x16x5mm-dual-sealed-speed-bearing-10-ptk-10019/p12552

Since you got yours used if you didn't get the extra hinge pin inserts they would be good to get and are cheap. TKR5165

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back