• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Bodies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceman2733

Reaction score
Does anyone know a company or a person that sells pre-painted ET48.3 bodies? I don't have anywhere inside to paint a body and with weather where I live there is no chance I can paint one outside. I wanted an indestructible body but I didn't realize the time frame to come in. Any help pointing me in a direction would be great I have tried to reach out to a few people on RCtech all three have ignored the messages it seems.

I’ve seen some prepainted bodies on eBay not sure they are 48. Worth a look though.

I’ve seen some prepainted bodies on eBay not sure they are 48. Worth a look though.
Thank you big time friend, I have been checking E-bay daily saw a few NT48 but no ET unfortunately. Something so small is really killing from having me some fun with this build, I am scared to bash it too hard without a body on it.

There are a ton of people that will do custom paint jobs on RC bodies. Usually you work out a deal where you would just make the purchase online and then have it ship it to the painter. They get the body, do their magic and then send it to you for whatever price you have agreed on.

This guy does custom paint on RC bodies [email protected] . I actually have never gotten one done for myself from him, but I do have a body that he painted that I purchased from someone else. I have emailed him back and forth a while back and he seems to be a pretty reasonable guy. You would have to inquire with him as far as pricing. My inquiries were for much smaller 1/10 scale bodies.
Here is the body I have that the guy above painted.

Thank you that is an awesome looking body! Just sent him an email hopefully he won t mind I just had one of the individuals off of rctech respond not interested in basic stuff. I just hate to pay for really fancy just to bash the guts out if it lol but that body of yours does have me second guessing it

Not sure how long his waiting list is, but one of the best professional painters I know is Matt Hawkinson

If you just need a basic 2 color rattle can job like what you see in my avatar, then I can hook you up for $20 of my labor + cost of parts and shipping

Not sure how long his waiting list is, but one of the best professional painters I know is Matt Hawkinson

If you just need a basic 2 color rattle can job like what you see in my avatar, then I can hook you up for $20 of my labor + cost of parts and shipping

Thank you Bill, I really appreciate it. It seems like most of these painters don't want to mess with 2 color jobs. And I do understand that tho, not very impressive for them to do stuff like that. However it does stink for people like me who don't have a place to paint and weather isn't allowing us to paint outside.

Just to clarify, the bodies in my avatar are actually 4 colors total... first coat is Pactra Fiery Orange, then the center stripe is Pactra Fluorescent Yellow which requires a coat of White paint as a backer to make the yellow "pop", then a final coat of 6mm thick Black is used as a border between the 2 main colors. So depending on what you want done, you can either have the parts shipped to me, then make another PayPal payment for labor + return shipping (along with returning unused paint cans), or I can invoice you and then I order everything once payment is posted.

I am not a professional painter, but have painted dozens of bodies over the years to where I feel that I'm above average in making minimal mistakes/overspray etc.

I live in Austin Tx where we typically see 60°F+ days at least once a week this time of year, I have found that gives the best results to paint bodies in direct sunlight... I also soak the cans in hot water to get a nice clean even finish.

I also can forward you my 25% military discount that I get on the body/decals from TEKNO if I place the order with my account, just let me know how you want to do it.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, the bodies in my avatar are actually 4 colors total... first coat is Pactra Fiery Orange, then the center stripe is Pactra Fluorescent Yellow which requires a coat of White paint as a backer to make the yellow "pop", then a final coat of 6mm thick Black is used as a border between the 2 main colors. So depending on what you want done, you can either have the parts shipped to me, then make another PayPal payment for labor + return shipping (along with returning unused paint cans), or I can invoice you and then I order everything once payment is posted.

I am not a professional painter, but have painted dozens of bodies over the years to where I feel that I'm above average in making minimal mistakes/overspray etc.

I live in Austin Tx where we typically see 60°F+ days at least once a week this time of year, I have found that gives the best results to paint bodies in direct sunlight... I also soak the cans in hot water to get a nice clean even finish.

I also can forward you my 25% military discount that I get on the body/decals from TEKNO if I place the order with my account, just let me know how you want to do it.

Billl,

Do the clear bodies that come with the Tekno ET48.3 kit have that layer of overspray protection on them? I am about to paint my first body and am not sure what to expect. I saw on Youtube that most bodys now a days come with a thin layer to protect from overspray. But it doesn't say if all of them do or if the Tekno bodies do. If they do not, how do you protect from overspray?

Thanks

I don't know of any current name brand that doesn't include overspray film on the outside of the bodies they make, same for aftermarket bodies too, that is pretty much industry standard.

Recent Popular Liked

Back