• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Better shock oil for mt410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan0823

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hi, forum I want to ask how to better my shocks to stop from bottoming out on a jump thats only what 5 feet high? I know I go any higher I'm going to break something. So is there any type of shock oil can I change to get better suspension? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks. ?

Oh one more question should I vent my proline badlands mx38s and how to do it? Thanks.

Hi, forum I want to ask how to better my shocks to stop from bottoming out on a jump thats only what 5 feet high? I know I go any higher I'm going to break something. So is there any type of shock oil can I change to get better suspension? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks. ?
The chassis bottoming out from a jump that high is pretty normal.

You want the chassis to bottom out. What you don’t want is the suspension bottoming out before the chassis which will break/blow shock rods, shock caps, shock internals, etc.

With that being said, you could make the suspension stiffer with stronger springs. Then if it’s too springy you can add thicker shock fluid.

Orange springs/900-1000cst oil is what a lot of people go for. It will probably still bottom out from a 5ft jump though.

Ok, thanks for the response its not to bounce it just hit the chassis but other than that, everything fine except? I bashed today and noticed a slight wobble in my left rear drive shaft arm? and was wondering does tekno or m2c racing make any thicker or better than the stock ones?

Attachments

• 20210320_193110.jpg
    20210320_193110.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 192
Ok, thanks for the response its not to bounce it just hit the chassis but other than that, everything fine except? I bashed today and noticed a slight wobble in my left rear drive shaft arm? and was wondering does tekno or m2c racing make any thicker or better than the stock ones?
Slight wobble is perfectly acceptable. I have also heated and bent a few ones back.

Oh one more question should I vent my proline badlands mx38s and how to do it? Thanks.
image.jpg

I use a hole punch like this to vent mine before they are mounted.

but I only vent my race/track tires. All my basher tires are non vented wheels and tires just do to I don’t like water and mud getting in the foams. I have had issues with unbalanced wheel ends due to this

Ok thank you I appreciate it.

View attachment 6436

but I only vent my race/track tires. All my basher tires are non vented wheels and tires just do to I don’t like water and mud getting in the foams. I have had issues with unbalanced wheel ends due to this
I typically do not vent my bashers either, but when I do it (rarely) I've used a punch in the past as well, but I tend to do it a little different, in that I will unglue (if a pre-mounted tire), punch a VERY shallow dip in a tires' bead, an then re-glue to the rim with stronger adhesive to ALMOST all the way around the wheel, leaving about 1mm unglued, (or 2-3mm adjusting for glue spreading). This way, I can slightly vent the tires, but it's on the inside lip of the wheel, an dirt an water have a harder time getting into the foams around the bead. Of course, it makes sure it's much harder for any water to get back OUT, but by that time they may have a very little water in them, they either evaporate, or I've blown out the tires anyway from ballooning or just plain worn out. If I'm being really OCD on those instances, I will balance the tires an add a drop of glue here or there where needed inside the wheel nearest the hub.

Everyone has their tricks, an I've done this method throughout my hobby career an have had good luck. YMMV.

View attachment 6436

I want to ask is there a name for this type of hole puncher I can't find one that opens wide enough to do my tires thank I appreciate it.

I want to ask is there a name for this type of hole puncher I can't find one that opens wide enough to do my tires thank I appreciate it.
1AF29E11-BD74-4A2E-9361-D2355BC792AD.png

Sorry I don’t know how to attach the link

But this is like the one my wife has and it works great

Recent Popular Liked

Back