• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Best fan for motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hye

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
My motor runs hotter than I like. I’m looking for a good fan for it. Which one will work best for my tekin set up. T8 2000kv
AE3ABC3E-26BA-427D-9A10-94F42F258797.jpeg

I’m curious too as I would like to run cooler as well. What temps are you seeing?
I’m waiting for my battery to charge and I’ll check. It has been a while since I have checked and the last time I was running backflip tires which seem to have put more load on the motor. I have shockwaves on now and it is running cooler to the touch. I’ll post results tonight.

I used to run the same motor, I think the Tekin probably heats up a lot because it's designed for lightweight truggy wheels/tires and not a heavy MT setup. What wheels/tires do you run, I have huge heavy 40 series proline trenchers

I used to run the same motor, I think the Tekin probably heats up a lot because it's designed for lightweight truggy wheels/tires and not a heavy MT setup. What wheels/tires do you run, I have huge heavy 40 series proline trenchers
I was running the backflip tires and it ran even hotter. Now I’m running shockwaves. Tekin says not to go over 180F. I’m thinking a good fan will bring me down to a safe temp. I agree, these motors or this kv isn’t perfect for the mt410. I went off what rc network recommended. Maybe a lower kv might have worked better. The motor has great power and is smooth. Just runs hot with this platform.

The highest temp I have seen is 165 after about 20 minutes of hard running but it was only like 60 degrees out. It will be a problem when summer starts to heat up.

I’m running a 1950kv truggy motor, 17t pinion, MMX and Backflip tires on 5S.

The highest temp I have seen is 165 after about 20 minutes of hard running but it was only like 60 degrees out. It will be a problem when summer starts to heat up.

I’m running a 1950kv truggy motor, 17t pinion, MMX and Backflip tires on 5S.
The temp here was near 80F but, my set up in theory should run cooler than yours. In the first part of my pack I was at around 140F. Then I started to really hold down the throttle. I wonder if I broke something during one of my cartwheels? I noticed one of my rear axles bent. Not all of my motor was at the same temp either. I had to scan around my motor to see that 191F and it only flashed it once. I’m confused now. I’m going to tear down my mt tomorrow and see if I can find something in the diffs that might explain a higher load. I want to run 17T on 5s and backflips damn it lol. Is this really because I’m running a tekin motor? I’ll let you know buddy. Thanks for the information. It might be a little while before I can test run my rig again.

Found a bad bearing. Will be trying again to see how hot it gets soon. Still up for suggestions on a fan. If it runs cool, I’d like to gear up some.

After taking it part I found stands of string wrapped up where the bearings sit at the center diff. This is also where my bad bearing is. The string is from the tekno Velcro battery straps.

Steve from Tx on YouTube(don’t remember channel name) recommended this fan. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yeah-Racin...k-W-Dual-Cooling-Fans-YA-0261BU-/291668118528 Going to order it.

Last edited:
I run 6S, trencher 40, 16T pinion, max6 and leopard 4092 1300kv with a theorical speed of 55mph and my motor heat up quite fast at 140F after a few minutes. It's quite sluggish as well... Do you think i'm undergeared ? I should maybe try a 18T pinion

140F should be a safe temp. ‘Sluggish” is not the way 6s should perform.

I have no experience with a 1300kv motor, but I do understand the theory of how kv effects performance. 16t pinion should be to low for a 1300kv. Does the motor reach max speed quickly? A motor that reaches max speed to quick and is running at its max to often will run hot. In my opinion yes, you need to run a taller gear.

There can be other issues leading to your rc running sluggish. First check the gear mesh of the pinion and spur. To tight of a mesh will increase the load on motor. Separate the motor from spur. Using your finger rotate the spur and make sure you don’t feel any resistance at all. This is best done with all the wheels removed. If there is any friction or grinding, remove the center diff and inspect it. Rotate the outdrives to make sure they are smooth. Do same to bearings. If it checks out fine. Remove the front or rear driveshaft and reinstall the center diff. Using your finger rotate the spur again. Reinstall drive shaft and do the same with the other driveshaft. If there is anything discovered during this inspection. Just reply and we will try and figure it out.

If you found that nothing is grinding, sticking, or rubbing then the pinion tooth should be replaced next. It’s hard to say how many teeth you should go up. I would start at 18T since I had an 18T for my 2000kv tekin and it flew like a rocket, but ran hot. Your 1300kv mated with a 18T should be a good starting point. 2 teeth in the pinion make a huge difference.

Hope this helps and maybe someone else can chime in with some help.

Please post an update on your rc later. Your experience will help myself and others.

Also, a bad battery can sag and a bad solder connection can make things run hot and sluggish.

Recent Popular Liked

Back