• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Any word/speculation on MT410 2.0?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quattheduck

Reaction score
I read a thread from ~ 2 years ago, where people generally thought a 2.0 version would come out(including staff saying it might come out, but not for quite a ways off). I'm wondering if there's been any update. I feel a little apprehension buying into a platform that is already this old, because while in 2021 they said they'd support it for a while, I wonder if that "while" is almost up. Worst fear is that I buy a MT410.3 and the next day the release a MT410 2.0, and support is cut off within a year or two, and I can't find parts.

I read a thread from ~ 2 years ago, where people generally thought a 2.0 version would come out(including staff saying it might come out, but not for quite a ways off). I'm wondering if there's been any update. I feel a little apprehension buying into a platform that is already this old, because while in 2021 they said they'd support it for a while, I wonder if that "while" is almost up. Worst fear is that I buy a MT410.3 and the next day the release a MT410 2.0, and support is cut off within a year or two, and I can't find parts.
I'm pretty sure Tekno still sells parts for all their legacy models.

I'm pretty sure Tekno still sells parts for all their legacy models.

I've yet to see TEKNO stop supporting any of their kits down to the original release, they've either made an upgrade path or continue making parts for discontinued kits.

I heard they're about to release an SCT410 2.1 so I would imagine the MT410 would be a 2.1 release if they decide to update that platform too.

I've yet to see TEKNO stop supporting any of their kits down to the original release, they've either made an upgrade path or continue making parts for discontinued kits.

I heard they're about to release an SCT410 2.1 so I would imagine the MT410 would be a 2.1 release if they decide to update that platform too.
What do you mean by "upgrade path"? Buying a whole new kit?

What do you mean by "upgrade path"? Buying a whole new kit?

No, the opposite... ability to upgrade to current version parts with upgraded parts to make the conversion without having to buy an entire kit.

everything has been forward compatible up to the 1.4 version, the same is being done with the 2.x path

not sure if they are going to make 1.x path compatible with 2.x path but I believe they are going to continue supporting the 1.x indefinitely, or at least until demand for their parts fades away.

I am not affiliated with TEKNO, just sharing what I heard from a team driver a while back

I had the same question when I bought my kit a few months ago. I sent an email to Tekno at the time and asked if they had any plans for a replacement model and he said he had no info on a new model. I figure if they launch a new one it’s not going to be $350 and would probably be out of my price range at that point anyway.

Recent Popular Liked

Back