• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Already two "compatible" bodies that don't fit well, wtf Tekno?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamiyauberalles

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
I had a Proline Baja bug body lying around that I tried to make fit on my MT410. No way, it's a terrible fit both in the front and rear, and not low enough to reach the mudguards.

Bought an e-maxx one from the compatibility list (it was half the price of any Proline) aaaand, had to file down the front body posts quite a bit, cut the front of the body a bit, and make new holes for the body clips in the direction on the length instead of width on the rear posts. Like, seriously, what the hell.
At least it's low enough (barely).

Why are these two bodies on the compatibility list? Is there anything from that list that actually fits well?

Sidenote on the e-maxx body: it's super thin compared to the Proline. I pre-emprively reinforced it with shoe goo and fiberglass tape in the places where I've had similar bodies break in the past...

If it fails I'll just get the Proline they show on most official pictures and be done with it.

The list I believe will say if the body and/or the posts need to be modified.

These are supposed to fit without change...
Agreed. I had the same gripe about the Proline Apacalypse body. It required the extended body mounts which I got. It was not a easy fit and I had to do some surgery to get it on. Even then, I had to make the rear mounts bend a fair amount. Too bad because it is a cool body, different. But I think in hindsight, sticking with a more basic pickup truck body would have worked the best.

If anyone knows where to buy the body posts for the MT410 I'm interested...

Recent Popular Liked

Back